Author Topic: What kind of music are you into?  (Read 19037 times)

Offline Inty

What kind of music are you into?
« on: April 23, 2006, 10:10:34 am »
I'm fairly open-minded when it comes to music. But i'm known for my ska tastes. A few bands i enjoy at the moment are Catch 22, Coheed & Cambria, Millencolin and Alexisonfire.

---

In it for the love.
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: What kind of music are you into?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 02:14:56 pm »
I'm pretty open-minded too. Pretty much anything goes except country, which makes me want to both throw up in disgust before wanting to blow my brains out to stop the pain... *ahem*.

I like a little of everything as long as its good and not sung by a woman (I can tolerate very few female voices when singing as they almost always get on my nerves, unlike guy voices who overall just seem to have more variety).

Some of my favourite songs/pieces:

Classic:

-Tocatta and Fugue in D minor (Johann Sebastian Bach)

-Moonlight Sonata (Ludwig van Beethoven)

-Dance Macabre (Saint-Saëns)

-The Planets (Gustav Holst)

Specific albums:

-Outside (David Bowie, and pretty much everything else he's done)

-Voyeurs (Two, which was Rob Halford's short-lived two-members band. Everyone seems to say it's some of his worst work, yet I really love this album)

-Foo Fighters (by the band with the same name; overall the most consistently good album they'Ve made in my opinion)

-Mellon Collie (Smashing Pumpkins)

Other artists:

-Depeche Mode

-David Bowie

-Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne, Macross Plus)

-Joe Hisaishi (almost all Miyazaki movies)

I'm sure there's a lot more stuff but I just can't think of any right now.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 02:29:08 pm »
I prefer the industrial / heavy metal stuff, though I like some easy listening and alot of what's considered 80's. But I haven't been very much into the music scene since the 90's. When Nirvana hit the airwaves, that transformed my musical tastes. And then going to the second lalapalooza, Ministry just blew my mind.

Nirvana's Nevermind is a masterpiece.

Nine Inch Nails' Pretty Hate Machine and Broken are must own.

Other favorites include: Tears for Fears, The Police, The Cars, INXS, Simply Red, Drown, Revolting Cocks, Offspring, Sponge, Green Day, Violent Femmes, Def Leppard (pre-90's), Catherine Wheel, and on and on. Oh, can't forget KMFDM and Gravity Kills.

Some one brought it up on the last board, but anyone interested in music should check out www.pandora.com. Great site for introducing new artists.

---

Cool beans

Offline Inty

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 02:35:37 pm »
test

---

Your browser doesn't support object.

Offline Inty

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 02:38:41 pm »
test2

---

Offline Inty

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 02:39:03 pm »
test2

---

Offline Inty

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 02:40:36 pm »
test4

---

Offline Inty

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2006, 02:41:19 pm »
Sorry guys, those messages were testing.

---

Offline Dan

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 12:16:17 am »
I listen to a lot of music.  I wouldn't say I've got really varied tastes, but my selection is a bit more eclectic than my friends'.  

/me runs and gets his book of cds

The cds I keep with my in my car are:

Aerosmith

Barenaked Ladies

Bush

Audioslave

Foo Fighters

Bon Jovi

Guns 'n Roses

Matchbox Twenty

Nickelback

The Offspring

Queen

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Seether

Shinedown

Well now that I look at it, maybe I'm not as varied as I think.  Oh well, it's good enough for me :D

Offline Eggz

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 05:42:06 pm »
I have a very, very wide range of musical tastes. I guess my roots are actually in classic rock (Rolling Stones, Aerosmith, Queen, the Eagles) and then from there moved onto harder modern rock music (System of a Down, Linkin Park, Inxs, Ataris, Our Lady Peace, Red Hot Chili Peppers).

Then there's the punkier modern stuff, Fallout Boy, Franz Ferdinand, Panic at the Disco, Death By Stereo, The Summer Rocket. And by some other influences, I'm slowly getting into opus metal.

Then, on the total opposite end of the spectrum, there's Eurobeat; the strange dance-ish music produced only in Italy and Japan, and only sold commercially in Japan. Defined by names like Dave Rodgers, KIKI & KIKA, Domino, and Dusty, it's of the same type of music you could find on DDR, and all the music found on Para Para.

Then there's J-rock, and K-rock, with a bit of J-pop influence thrown in. everything from T.M. Revolution, Glay, Dir en Grey, Malice Mizer, Metronome, Move, Nicotene, Orange Range (current favourtie), Miyavi, Pierrot, L'Arc-en-Ciel, Bump of Chicken, to Gackt, Ayumi Hamasaki, Morning Musume, Yoko Kanno, and even an independent Japanese university band; 403.

And classical and intrumental music really strikes a chord with me. So emotional and powerful, whether it's from the calssical composers or modern composition.

So yeah, I'm quite open to just about anything, but I'm much more critical on hip hop and country music. And I'm slowly getting over my apprehensions about ska :P

---

Q: What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is dangerous?

A: A sparrow with a machine gun.

- The Riddler; Batman the Movie
This looks like a job for Science!