Author Topic: Taking a break from mapping...  (Read 12610 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Taking a break from mapping...
« on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:57 pm »
I don't know why, but lately it's become increasingly harder to work up any enthusiasm about mapping. Seriously, no matter which of my project I think of, all I can think of are obstacles that are difficult if not impossible to overcome, and it just feels so tiresome and *boring*. My batteries are drained it seems, so I'm taking a break for a while. Hopefully just a few weeks, but maybe more.

Of course, I'll still hang out around here like usual. You're not getting rid of me so easily ;)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

RE: Taking a break from mapping...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 10:13:47 pm »
It's strange for you to mention this right now. I'm going to be gone from tomorrow to Saturday to visit my relatives for (American) Thanksgiving. Obviously, I won't be able to do any mapping then.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:04:52 pm »
In case anyone is interested: I also am taking a break from mapping at the moment. And it's also not because of the project. In the last months I tried out different projects such as Alien 3 (GB), Spindizzy (Amiga), Rockman & Forte (WS) and Driver (GBC), but I also couldn't do much more than a mere beginning on these games.

I will definitely get back to mapping one day but not too early. It doesn't seem right because this way I won't finish anything. And I will try to get other things sorted first, which seems more important at the moment.

Of course, I will also stay here with you.

Offline Zeric

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 12:34:33 am »
Welcome to how I felt some months ago about mapping.  I still feel a bit tired about mapping some time, but not as often as before.
Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Offline mephea

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 09:32:30 am »
do like me.  map every couple of weeks and go do something else or something! O-0

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 02:12:55 pm »
Zeric Said:
Welcome to how I felt some months ago about mapping.  I still feel a bit tired about mapping some time, but not as often as before.

Yeah, it can really burn you. This isn't the first time it happens to me. When I reach such a point, I have trouble just playing a game without trying to map it in my head and getting discouraged at how hard it would be.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 03:10:42 pm »
I haven't mapped much in a few weeks, but I recently got the itch again and plan to do some stuff over this long weekend I have.