Author Topic: Mike007's Map Projects  (Read 5402 times)

Offline Mike007

Mike007's Map Projects
« on: July 18, 2021, 07:15:56 pm »
Here's a list of my more or less complete projects. I am not currently looking to map what might be missing in some of these games as they were experiments and the fact that I'm already struggling to complete my current project.

Yoshi's Safari (SNES)
Bomberman Quest (GBC)
Diddy Kong Pilot (Prototype) (GBA)
The Simpsons: Road Rage (GBA)
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (DS)
Mario Party DS (DS)
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (DS)
Current project in standby: Diddy Kong Racing DS

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Mike007's Map Projects
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 01:58:06 pm »
Weirdly enough, I've also been experimenting while mapping The Simpsons: Road Rage (GBA) over the last few weeks.

I was hoping to present the main six maps with an isometric view like with my Equinox world maps but I've been frustrated by the way the sprites of objects like buildings, mail boxes and billboards are sometimes placed *very* sloppily. Like, most buildings are placed in the center of an enclosed square but there are a few that lie almost entirely out of theirs, which really aggravates my desire for proper alignment.

I have no idea if I'll ever finish these (chances are high that I won't!) but if I do, would you be upset if I submitted them to the site?
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Mike007

Re: Mike007's Map Projects
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:42:23 pm »
An isometric view could be interesting. As this is different from the top view I did, I wouldn't mind for them to be on the site.

It is been a while since I made these maps. I barely remember what this game actually look like. But yeah, dealing with sprites with a Mode 7 game like this can be troublesome since the scale of the map and the sprites usually don't match. Since I made them from a top view perspective and the sprites are from a side view, I didn't bothered with it. Besides, I prefered a "clean" view.

Good luck with that as I can easily guess how hard this can be.
Current project in standby: Diddy Kong Racing DS