Author Topic: Haunting (Genesis)  (Read 20579 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Haunting (Genesis)
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 10:13:02 pm »
Well, I'd still do the detail maps if I were you, if only so that the game gets completely mapped. It really does suck that it isn't consistent anymore, and I really hope the fourth house connects well.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2007, 12:01:32 am »
In the aesthetic maps, some areas can't be seen anyway, so you could make some alterations to get them to work since if people were using these for gameplay they'd already be using the detailed maps.

I guess the question is if it's worth the time.  How many problem areas are there?

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2007, 11:58:57 am »
I think it'd take too much time to align the rooms correctly.  It can be done, but it would take a ton of time; time I could use to do other map sets.  Oh well, I'll cut my losses and finish the detailed maps (fourth house is a horizontal mirror of the third so no aethetic map there either).

I do have all the individual rooms saved without the flashes, so if anyone wants to do anything with them later, they can ask and I can give them the rooms.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 07:04:57 pm »
I should have this done by tomorrow I hope.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 10:05:54 pm »
Hey Darkwolf. I spent a bit of time looking at the third house map, trying to understand why the walls don't match. At first, I thought that only the diagonal walls were a problem, as most of them are a bit angled outward to simulate perspective.

So I tried editing a few of them, making them completely straight vertically and unfortunately, the rooms still don't match. In fact, even doors don't match up together. It's frustrating since it almost seems like the game developers just stopped caring about having an exact map, going for approximations instead. I really thought there might be a relatively painless way to achieve it...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)