Author Topic: Super Mario Advance 4: SMB 3: e-World levels: 404 Not Found  (Read 6929 times)

Offline jmo

Super Mario Advance 4: SMB 3: e-World levels: 404 Not Found
« on: April 08, 2022, 01:02:04 pm »
I know you just switched from GoDaddy to a new host. When I try to view the e-World maps, I get a 404 error.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Super Mario Advance 4: SMB 3: e-World levels: 404 Not Found
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 03:24:23 pm »
Ah, the ones here?

I wonder if the "+" in the filename is the issue.  I'll reupload, and if that doesn't fix it (EDIT: it didn't), I'll check with bustin98 as to if +s are going to be a problem.

EDIT: That was a quick fix.  They work now that I've removed the +s.  I wonder if there's an easy way to hunt down any other maps with weird nonalphanumeric characters that might be troublesome.  I'm annoyed that Windows Explorer can't search for "+", unless there's some trick to getting it to search for unusual characters.

Thanks for letting me know, jmo!
Also for showing that the registration for the forums works...

By the way, everyone should download this on the Wii U Virtual Console before the Wii U eShop gets taken down in less than a year.  The Wii U Virtual Console version includes all those World e+ e-Reader stages!  Sort of makes it the definitive version of Super Mario Bros. 3 (though those extra stages have elements from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Super Mario World)...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 03:39:19 pm by JonLeung »

Offline jmo

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 04:39:13 pm »
Thanks, works now!  :D

I viewed the HTML source of the GBA page and found a few more plus signs in filenames. So you don't need Windows Search to find these problematic filenames.

Another broken URL is: https://vgmaps.com/Atlas/GBA/MarioVsDonkeyKong-MarioToyFactory-1-1+.png

It looks like several of the Mario vs Donkey Kong filenames have plus signs and are returning 404's.

Also "Super Chinese 1+2 Advance" for GBA has plus signs and are returning 404's
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 04:46:41 pm by jmo »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 05:18:38 pm »
Okay, fixed.

Are all these +s exclusive to the GBA, or is that the only folder you've checked so far?  I'm surprised at how prevalent the +s really are.

Offline jmo

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 06:42:58 pm »
I checked NES, SNES, Genesis, GB, and SMS -- and didn't see any plus signs in filenames.