Author Topic: [PAID REQUEST] Dashin' Desperadoes Level Maps  (Read 8723 times)

Offline Hugbot

[PAID REQUEST] Dashin' Desperadoes Level Maps
« on: March 22, 2022, 01:09:28 am »
Hello!

I would love to make a paid request for someone to do the level maps of a game called Dashin' Desperadoes for the Sega Genesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mLFiZ-cbDQ

I would love to have the level maps for both 1 Player Mode, 2 Player Mode, and the secret levels accessed using the passwords: MINE_B, ROCK, MINE_A, UFO.

Please feel free to respond in thread with contact information or to directly message me.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: [PAID REQUEST] Dashin' Desperadoes Level Maps
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 11:09:27 am »
I'm surprised I haven't really looked into this game.  I mean, I was always a Nintendo guy, but I've been expanding my horizons, and I feel like I should have at least heard of this earlier.

My brother and I are always on the lookout for interesting 2-player versus games, and desperately dashing around sure looks neat!

I second this request.

Offline dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 11:11:17 pm »
I'll take care of this one. I have all the cheat codes I need and it doesn't look like this will be a hard game to map.

If I understand right there should be 41 maps by the time this is done. I've finished 1-1 through 3-3 and the special password stages already.

Offline dark_lord_zagato@yahoo.co

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 06:17:05 pm »
I did some game hacking just for fun after the maps were finished. First I went to the passwords screen and figured out what the alphanumeric digits were. Then I loaded the ROM into a hex editor and searched for the passwords that Hugbot posted earlier. I found these passwords in the ROM easily enough, and when I copied all the nearby data and translated it from hex back to the alphanumeric digits I found several more passwords that the game doesn't normally hand out.

These aren't even on GameFAQs yet!

Play_W_Two - Start on world 2, one player mode
Play_W_Three - Start on world 3, one player mode
Play_W_Four - Start on world 4, one player mode
Play_W_Five - Start on world 5, one player mode
Play_W_Six - Start on world 6, one player mode
Final_Battle - Start 2 player mode, and both players have trophies in every world except world 1
Name_Roll - View the credits
Nine_Nine_Credits - Start 1 player mode with 99 credits
LANG - Activate "special" difficulty
DATA_EAST_CORP - Plays a sound clip. I couldn't hear it well enough to understand.
SHIRAIWA_HANAKUROI - I can't tell wtf this does. It IS a valid password though.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 09:10:35 pm »
The Dashin' Desperadoes maps are now up here.  Thanks, zagato!

You should definitely submit those codes to GameFAQs if you haven't already.  Those are kind of neat.  Wonder if someone will be able to decipher the sound clip and/or figure out what that SHIRAIWA code does.