Author Topic: Request: Samurai Shodown RPG (maps are done, need populating)  (Read 4857 times)

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
Request: Samurai Shodown RPG (maps are done, need populating)
« on: November 30, 2023, 11:42:14 am »
So Samurai Shodown RPG was recently translated (after 15 years).

The author of the patch also extracted all of the game's maps, but he doesn't want to release them unmarked like that. He found someone willing to populate the maps with all the chests and important stuff, but the person went M.I.A.

So my request is, would anyone be willing to play through the game and populate the maps? I'm afraid that if no one does it, the maps will just go to waste on his hard drive.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Request: Samurai Shodown RPG (maps are done, need populating)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 02:04:25 pm »
I remember some conversation about this.  It's nice to hear that the maps are now done, though unmarked.

Unmarked maps are still great assets if people want the graphics for their own projects, whether it be fan games, sprite comics, green screen backgrounds or YouTube thumbnails, or something as simple as a nice wallpaper for their computer or phone.

But, if he insists on not releasing them like that at all, then yes, hopefully, someone can step up to help with marking them up.  I think all RPGs should indeed have marked maps.  (In a perfect world, why not both?)

The full actual title is "Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidō Retsuden", isn't it?  Just throwing it in here so it shows up if someone searches for it.

Offline ReyVGM

• Game Endings Master
Re: Request: Samurai Shodown RPG (maps are done, need populating)
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 01:07:04 pm »
That's the name, yes.