Author Topic: Tasks that are part of my daily itinerary  (Read 9473 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Tasks that are part of my daily itinerary
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:58:42 pm »
These are things that I do every single day, in no particular order.  I've missed a couple days of Wii Sports: Fitness Age, and some of these are relatively new entries, but otherwise I've been really good about doing these on a daily basis.

-work out on the Bowflex; I do some flexing, but maybe I ought to change my diet since it's not as efficient as the commercials would have you believe.

-play Wii Sports; calculating my Fitness Age.

-play Brain Age; doing all the training and calculating my Brain Age.

-play Animal Crossing: Wild World; these days I'm mostly just talking to the villagers I like to prevent them from moving away.

-working on VGMaps.com: making a new thumbnail for the random map sets; I've put up a new one every day since late December, did you guys notice?  I still have lots more to do, but seeing as how VGMaps.com doesn't get a whole new map set every day, I'll eventually catch up.

-working on VGMaps.com: working on "the project"; some of you guys know what I mean, I'm sure.  Sure could use some more help, though.  >_>

-deleting two pr0n images or videos; I'm not sure if I'm weeding out the crap for a more "potent" collection (o_0) or slowly weaning myself off of it altogether, but I'm certainly heading to both goals with the daily deletions.

-reading the New Testament; picked up the habit suddenly in Grade 10 and now I'm unable to sleep without reading a bit.  Hesitant to write that down because it's not something I "make time for", I simply just do it.  It's like eating and sleeping and pissing and crapping which are certainly daily occurences.

I find that breaking things down into small daily chunks can tackle huge tasks (getting to the maximum amount of Bells in Animal Crossing and Animal Crossing: Wild World, working on "the project"), maintaining interest (I know if I allow myself to quit the Bowflex, that it may start a bad habit of not doing it), and keeping my mind and body sharp (Fitness Age, Brain Age).

What sort of things do you guys do every day, if anything?

Offline Revned

RE: Tasks that are part of my daily itinerary
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 08:17:50 pm »
Checking my email and various site is probably the only thing I do daily. I certainly don't consciously schedule daily video game playing.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 08:48:03 pm »
My drive to work is 40-50 minutes one-way, so by the time I put in a 9 hour day (I work late so I don't hit the worst part of traffic), I pretty much just come home, eat and go to sleep.

On the weekends I play games, make maps, or do whatever needs to be done.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 09:41:40 pm »
I wonder if it's causing me undue stress, actually.  Like, it might be 10:30 PM on a weeknight and I realise that I haven't done my Brain Age or Fitness Age or Animal Crossing yet, and then I'm up for another hour, also cutting into my sleep time.  The world wouldn't end if I didn't have a Brain Age reading for the day.

Maybe it's also a psychological thing.  I don't feel very productive in my real work life so by having daily tasks, however necessary or unnecessary they actually are, in the few days when I get them all done before 9 AM I feel like I've "really accomplished something".

I was kind of hoping other people had "work quirks", other daily things, so that I wouldn't feel like a weirdo.  Looks like this topic has done the opposite.  :/

Oh, well, no one can complain about my work here on VGMaps.com including the daily front-page-thumbnails and work on "the project", right?  Eh?

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:00:28 pm »
Oh, well, no one can complain about my work here on VGMaps.com including the daily front-page-thumbnails and work on "the project", right? Eh?

Oh yeah? Try me. How about the fact that you haven't mapped a real game in forever?

Just being a jerk ;-)

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 10:26:08 am »
I've got so many different things (mostly hobbies, but also some others) to do that I cannot by any means do them all at the same day. So I haven't got a daily basis except for the daily hygiene, eating and sleeping - and going to university on workdays. But I try to visit my favourite online forums daily, too. And checking my email.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 06:45:12 pm »
Oh, great.  The Video Games Live concert will take up all of my free time tomorrow.  I'm meeting friends for dinner immediately after work, then I'm at the concert, and while it's only two hours and fifteen minutes, the pre-show and post-show festival will make it likely that I won't be home until about 11 PM.  I won't be able to have much time at all for my daily stuff.

I guess I could bring my DS...there will be lots of nerds there with DSes anyway, so I won't feel too geeky whipping it out in public...shoot, I guess I better make two random map set thumbnails tonight to make up for it, so I should stop wasting time here...

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 12:18:21 pm »
For me it's usually surfing the web and making maps over on GameFAQs, though here lately I've been taking it easy since I did 21 maps already for this month.

---

Creator of over 450 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!