Author Topic: Looking for a Mario game for the Xbox 360?  (Read 7317 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Looking for a Mario game for the Xbox 360?
« on: January 22, 2007, 08:48:55 am »
Customer seeks Mario 360 game @ EBGames

I can understand that we probably get a big laugh from such a given (to us gamers) that Mario would not be on a non-Nintendo system (excluding, of course, Hotel Mario for the CD-i, but non-gamers wouldn't remember that anyway) and that some people can be extremely dumb, but man, this woman looking for a Mario game and downright refusing to even look at the Nintendo section is really stupid.

I don't need to recount my bad experience with Blockbuster Video not stocking Mario Superstar Baseball ("How can you NOT have a Mario game for a Nintendo console???") so maybe Mario's not the name he once was (shame, shame, shame) but even so, many non-gamers, especially anyone old enough to be a mother to three or four children, including an eleven-year-old, should still know of Mario and even if they somehow don't, I don't see any reason to go all anti-Nintendo when looking for one of his games.  My guess is that she probably thought "Nintendo" and "Game Boy/handheld" were synonymous, or that she confused Xbox and GameCube, or that her son played a Mario game emulated on a friend's modded Xbox and thought it was buyable, but still...sheesh, calm down, lady.  When everyone's telling you you're wrong, you probably are!

I don't know how scary this woman really was, but if I was that guy, I might have grabbed some of the Mario GameCube games while she was browsing the Xbox 360 section to present to her what she might have wanted.  Of course, someone that irrational or anti-Nintendo might not be able to comprehend such things.

Offline DarkWolf

RE: Looking for a Mario game for the Xbox 360?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:45:37 pm »
"I don't need to recount my bad experience with Blockbuster Video not stocking Mario Superstar Baseball ("How can you NOT have a Mario game for a Nintendo console???")"

I don't picture you being a Dreamcast fan, so you probably don't remember how they didn't stock an entire system until the near end of its life.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Looking for a Mario game for the Xbox 360?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:58:46 pm »
My brother bought a Dreamcast on eBay a few years ago, our only non-Nintendo console (well, excluding our pre-NES Pong and ColecoVision/Adam) but I guess that doesn't mean anything.  Still, from what I gather, Blockbusters seem to have stupid policies throughout all the stores nationwide, but they also have stupid individual store policies.

The story originally in this post is about a stupid person, not the store's stupidity, though I suppose a store's stupidity is worse 'cause it's harder to laugh off than one uneducated customer who's gone after a couple hours.