Author Topic: Crush  (Read 7696 times)

Offline Eggz

Crush
« on: June 01, 2007, 12:55:15 pm »
http://psp.ign.com/articles/793/793399p1.html

I just fell across this game yesterday while I was browsing IGN on my break, and it's seriously making me consider laying down some money for a PSP (well, not really. Not quite enough decent games for me to make it worthwhile).

It's a new and very innovative puzzler. At it's core, it's a maze game where you have to collect marbles and reach the exit. Typical. But what makes it so cool is that the gameplay is both 2D and 3D.

Each maps starts in a 3D environment, but to reach seemingly unreachable areas, you can "crush" the environment into a 2D playing field and play through it like one of those retro puzzlers of old. As the levels progress, it through more challenges at you, like areas that can't be crushed, among other things.

Now, I'm a sucker for puzzle games, and the way that this one incorporates some of that retro gameplay feeling is very tempting for me to pick it up. The graphics look pretty good; it seems to be using most of the PSPs capability (which can't be said for most of the games that are available for the system), and the controls seem intuitive enough. Add to that, IGN just named it the new Game of the Month for May 2007.

If anyone does pick it up, give us your personal opinions on the game. I'd really like to hear what the game is loke from a real point of view.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline Zeric

RE: Crush
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 02:51:52 pm »
It got released in europe last week so I have been playing it alot. I have put up a video if you want to see, it's the first 5 levels.

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=69552

---

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800) Mega Man 8 (PSX) Super Mario World (SNES) Fury of the Furries (Amiga)

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Crush
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 04:00:02 pm »
Wow, the concept is really well executed. I wonder if there's a trend coming about, what with both this and Super Paper Mario using 2D/3D transition to solve puzzles.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)