Author Topic: 2006/06: Mega Man VII (Super NES) - Geminiman  (Read 28715 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2006/06: Mega Man VII (Super NES) - Geminiman
« on: May 31, 2006, 09:51:58 pm »
User posted image

Mega Man VII

For this month's "Maps of the Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to Geminiman's Mega Man VII (Super NES) maps.

Mega Man VII is a Mega Man game through and through.  Eight Robot Masters whose weapons are obtained to defeat another, Dr. Wily's the final boss, shooting and jumping and platforming action, etc.  Not that there's anything wrong with that, and Mega Man games are extremely popular here at VGMaps.com.  (Mega Man VII does introduce major character Bass, Wily's creation meant to rival Mega Man, and it is the only Mega Man game on the Super NES (unless you count the X (not "10") series, Mega Man Soccer, and the Japanese-only Mega Man & Bass).  So story-wise, it's pivotal, and milestone-wise, it's historical.)

One of the biggest Mega Man fans is Geminiman, if you couldn't guess by his name (though his horoscope sign is Gemini as well).  Since those born in June (except for the last ten days) are under the horoscope sign of Gemini, I thought it would be an appropriate month to recognize Geminiman's contributions.  Besides Mega Man VII, Geminiman has also worked on Mega Man: The Wily Wars, Mega Man V, Mega Man VI, Mega Man & Bass, Mega Man X and Mega Man X 3.  His work on the X series' games was instrumental in the April Fool's joke earlier this year, so he deserves credit for that too.

So to recognize the effort put into making these complete and classic maps, Geminiman's Mega Man VII maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps of the Month for June 2006.

Offline Revned

RE: 2006/06: Mega Man VII (Super NES) - Geminiman
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 09:56:01 pm »
I like how you choose maps appropriate to the month. I'm a Gemini, by the way. Congratulations, Geminiman. You've made lots of great Mega Man maps.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 09:57:03 pm »
Revned Said:
I like how you choose maps appropriate to the month.

I try.  I figured Geminiman was long overdue for recognition, before it dawned on me that it was the month of Gemini anyway.

I also fixed Geminiman's email address, which was apparently incorrect all this time.  >_<

This is the first MotM this year from a game with a SHORT title.

Geminiman also completed Mega Man V the other day, so I should remember to make a thumbnail for it on the random map sets thing on the front page.

The poll for favourite Mega Man V Robot Master is today and VII's will be in two days.

And I really should stop leaving my decision 'til the last day of the month...  >_<

What's wrong with my images?  It worked in another topic.  You can't see the image, can you?  Unless I put it on ImageShack?  WTF!

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:43:40 pm »
I see it.

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 10:30:41 am »
Geminiman heavily worked on Mega Man - The Wily Wars, too. You might want to edit that in :)

Well, Congratulations Geminiman!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 11:13:32 am »
Grizzly Said:
Geminiman heavily worked on Mega Man - The Wily Wars, too. You might want to edit that in :)

Wow, looks like I'm forgetting a lot of stuff lately!  >_<

I can edit my post now but I'll have to edit the Maps Of The Month page when I get home.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 11:43:11 am »
It's always great to see more Mega Man maps. I can't wait to see the 3rd, 4th and 5th on Game Boy fully mapped :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 12:09:26 pm »
RyuMaster pretty much owns the Game Boy section, if Geminiman doesn't do it, then he might.  I recall that Revned also did some of one of the Game Boy games.

Oh, yeah, I also have to make the thumbnails for nearly all of the Game Boy games!  >_<

There's always SOMEthing...