Author Topic: What are your impulse buys? I just bought MP3-playing Soundwave!  (Read 6477 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
I ask because I just bought this, being such a G1 Transformers fan in need of a portable music player:

"Music Label" Soundwave

User posted image

More pics here!

That's right, it's the classic Decepticon Soundwave redesigned and actually capable of playing MP3s (on miniSD cards).  Sure, miniSD cards only go up to a GB (or that's the max Soundwave can handle or something) but I don't need more than a thousand minutes of music.  I bought the "Spark Blue" version (as opposed to the "Sonic White") because I like the classic look more than the iPod wannabe look.  And no, I didn't get the Frenzy/Rumble headphones, those look kind of silly...I also got a miniSD card, but it doesn't transform into Ravage or Laserbeak, unfortunately.

The last impulse buy before this was that TV remote that looks like a Wii controller...this was last year, before the Wii came out, obviously.  I don't use it much, I get it mixed up with my Wii Remotes.  >_<

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: What are your impulse buys? I just bought MP3-playing Soundwave!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 10:02:48 pm »
I just made an MP3 from Transformers: The Movie where Megatron and Soundwave converse:

"Soundwave!  Play back Laserbeak's findings!"

"As you command, Megatron."

Think that would be a good MP3 to put first on my playlist?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:03:35 pm »
I just got it.  Haven't had time to sort my MP3s yet, since it plays them in the order that they're put on the card.  But my first MP3 is that clip I mentioned above, then the Transformers (G1) third season opening, then Stan Bush's Dare (which was on the Transformers The Movie soundtrack).  Of course, when I have it sorted, I'll have non-Transformers music too.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 08:15:11 pm »
I've just uploaded the French-exclusive theme with the cheesy lyrics that make no sense but which sounds really nice. I mean, it's the only G1 theme that isn't based on the first season one in any way. Back then, France used to make all new theme songs for the shows they dubbed, like this one. In comparison, when Quebec dubbed the first season, we kept the same music but with translated lyrics.

You might not like it, but it's a piece of Transformers history you have to experience and it's become very hard to track down nowadays so enjoy the link :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/48845106/Transformers_-_Pour_Un_Monde_Meilleur.mp3.html

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)