Author Topic: Hi, from osrevad!  (Read 6537 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Hi, from osrevad!
« on: September 04, 2007, 06:16:53 pm »
I haven't spoken to osrevad in a while.  For those of you who know/remember him, he took two years off for a religious retreat, I believe it was, and he has had limited access to the Internet and the "outside world".  He'll be back next April.  We've communicated via email before, but we sort of fell out of doing that.  But he emailed me again today:

osrevad Said:
This is osrevad. I still have another 7 months to go until I get back April 10th. I just wanted to send you a quick email informing you that I haven't forgotten about you. You can let the guys on the message board know that I said hi, and I still plan on coming back to mapping. I heard some rumors that the Wii has outsold the 360 or something like that. Even I, a nintendo fan, find that hard to believe. Is it true? See you later.

I emailed him back with the latest Nintendo and Wii news, of course, since he's a fellow fan but hasn't played any games since even before the media tried the Wii for the first time way back at E3 2006.  And I told him you guys will be happy to see him back and back at mapping.

He did the Link's Awakening Koholint overworld map, among other things.  The very last maps he did just before leaving were a couple maps for the "Mega Man Solid X: Guns Of The Mavericks" April Fool's Project.  If I remember correctly he also designed the logo for the "game".  (Though he's helped in the first two April Fool's Projects, looks like we'll be without his help for one more...)  Glad he'll be back soon...and if he's not trying to catch up on all the Wii he missed out on, he'll be back here mapping with us right away.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Hi, from osrevad!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 06:49:27 pm »
If you ever get around to replying to him, say that we'll be waiting eagerly. Oh, and that I hope the retreat has brought him whatever it is he was looking for.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:51:36 pm »
Looks like he's got a week to go!  Less than that, actually.

I'm sure he's got things to do and catch up on (like all those video games he missed in the past couple years!) but when he's ready it'll be nice to hear from him again.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:05:50 pm »
Can't wait.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!