Author Topic: RE: Mega Man Zero (GBA)  (Read 15495 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Mega Man Zero (GBA)
« on: December 08, 2007, 11:08:46 pm »
Like I said in another thread, I'm well on my way to fully map Mega Man Zero with Geminiman's blessing.

I'm almost done with the main Overworld map, of which I'm posting a 1/4 size sample below. Contrary to almost all the other Mega Man games, this one doesn't feature individual stages for all the bosses, but instead a large overworld in which all kinds of missions tend to take place plus a few separate maps. As such, I first have to map everything before taking on how the missions alter each individual area. I'm already done with a few missions, but I'll post them tomorrow since it's getting late. I've also noticed that the game maps all use full 240 x 160 pixels screen, so I've had to improvise and do a lot of filling to make it coherent, especially in the Resistance Base. It's the are where the actual boundaries of the map were the farthest from view, so hopefully it doesn'T look too bad.

The map below show most of the game's areas:

*EDIT 2017-02-05* See post atttachments

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:29:26 pm by TerraEsperZ »
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 05:30:10 am »
Great!  I am amazed that you finished that much in such a short amount of time.  Can't wait to see the rest.

Offline Revned

Mega Man Zero (GBA)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 02:41:55 pm »
It looks good, but the important question here is whether or not he'll ever finish it ;-)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 03:54:24 pm »
All signs point to yes, since contrary to recent games I've started mapping, it's not a *chore* to do. And as long as something major doesn't happen to break my stride during a difficult map (like my computer dying while mapping Battletoads' tedious Turbo Tunnel races), it won't be put aside until it's finished.

I know, I know, I keep saying I'll finish something. But I'm really, *really* commited this time, I swear :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 04:44:03 pm »
*coughTreasureMastercough*

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 07:29:12 pm »
https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=183

And now stop bugging me with this :P! I want to live damn it! Live!

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 09:27:21 am »
I was going to mention something else, like, say, *coughBattletoadscough* but you already mentioned why you're sitting on that one.  I was going to say *coughsomethingelsecough* but I forgot what else you were working on.

I could always bug myself a bit more about not getting things done...pot and the kettle and blackness or whatever...  >_>  At least when you start something you tend to get farther than I do...

*coughTotallyRadcoughcoughSimonTheSorcerercoughcoughotherVGMaps.comchangescough*  (Of course, when you get far enough, I figure you might as well send in what you have, like Treasure Master which was practically complete.  Though I typically prefer entire map sets to be sent in all at once, I don't see why you can't send in the Battletoads stages you have finished so far...)

I think I need a lozenge.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 11:05:38 pm »
Anyway, I don't have time to post them tonight, but missions 1 through 4, 7 and 8 are done. Of course, I'm using numbers but the game uses names instead so that means the following are practically done:

-Protect Ciel

-Destroy Disposal Center (Aztec Falcon)

-Destroy Train

-Find Shuttle (Anubis Necromancess The Third)

-Retrieve Data (Maha Ganeshariff)

-Protect Base (Giant Mechaniloid)

-Rescue Colbor (Sage Harpuia)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 08:46:34 am »
Great job.  I am estimating that you are over halfway done.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 11:00:50 am »
The only areas left to map are the three stages of Neo Arcadia, and then mapping the objects, obstacles and bosses for the remaining missions. Seriously, I should be done a lot sooner than I expected.

Oh, and I'll post the finished missions once I'm home from work.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 09:48:24 pm »
Missions 1 through 11 are finished, and 12 is on the way. Sorry for not posting anything yet, but life/work/family/Christmas preparation are all making my daily schedule *very* hectic. I'm surprised I've managed so much despite it all. I should *really* post the missions maps around sunday (for real hopefully).

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 09:59:52 pm »
As promised, here are the maps for the first 13 missions, which covers everything before Neo Arcadia which serves as the game's fortress.

Protect Ciel:

User posted image

Destroy Disposal Center:

User posted image

Destroy Train:

User posted image

Find Shuttle:

User posted image

Retrieve Data:

User posted image

Occupy Factory:

User posted image

Protect Base:

User posted image

Rescue Colbor:

User posted image

Find Hidden Base:

User posted image

Duel In Desert:

User posted image

Protect Factory:

User posted image

Stop the Hacking:

User posted image

Evacuate Base:

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 07:12:18 am »
Looking good.  It looks like all of the item/elf locations are present.  Beware of the elves in the first area of Neo Arcadia.  Some of them can be easily overlooked.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 11:04:24 am »
Don't worry about these. By using a high jump cheat code, I can jump to the very top of every area, so even those elves that are hidden on floating platforms high in the air won't be forgotten.

I included all the permanent elves cages, but true to the way I map, I'm not calling any attention to those elves that are hidden by the foreground, like the one on top of the Desert gate or the one barely visible to the left of the starting area of the Underground Laboratory.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)