Author Topic: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Mock Trial Version)  (Read 9747 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Mock Trial Version)
« on: January 27, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »

Offline marioman

RE: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Mock Trial Version)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:46:24 am »
I lost.  I have never played a Phoenix Wright game before.

Phoenix looks like a wimp now though.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 09:37:55 am »
I gave up because I had no clear idea how to do the cross-examination. I'm afraid that despite being somewhat of an anime fan, the humor in this  really put me off (how often can Justice yell "I'm fine" before someone else puts him down with a tranquilizer gun out of aggravation?). It's a neat preview though; I wish game companies did this more often.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 11:43:23 am »
(OK, so Gavin's got trial experience, fine. But does he have Chords of Steel!?)

I found that to be absolutely hilarious for some reason.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 01:56:48 pm »
TerraEsperZ Said:
I gave up because I had no clear idea how to do the cross-examination. I'm afraid that despite being somewhat of an anime fan, the humor in this  really put me off (how often can Justice yell "I'm fine" before someone else puts him down with a tranquilizer gun out of aggravation?). It's a neat preview though; I wish game companies did this more often.

I actually haven't played through this properly yet, but it's like any Phoenix Wright game (though I assume you missed out on those).

You "Press" on anything suspicious/contradictory, then you "Present" the appropriate evidence to reveal the falsehood in that statement.

Shame on everyone who's missed out on the Phoenix Wright games!  Though it's really Capcom's fault for not making enough copies, especially the first one.

And I agree, there should be more demos of games (not just PC games).  This one being embedable Flash makes it easy to stick in any forum, including this one!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 03:59:14 pm »
After playing it again, I found it a lot funnier, if only because I kept hearing the parodied voices from the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged Series.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)