Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 10446 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

What's going on?
« on: February 26, 2008, 07:30:37 am »
Over 150 members (I think), and we seem to be getting one post every 2 days.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: What's going on?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:04:43 am »
Speaking for myself, well real life is getting in the way. I'm working overtime more, and my weekends have been kept busy by friends and/or family, thus leaving not much time for mapping or posting new and interesting threads. It's not because I don't visit, because I come here several times a day. I just don't have the time to write; for example, I've been dying to post about the Transformers Animated series (mostly for JonLeung's benefit) now that several episodes have gone by, including one with a kickass Soundwave homage.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:58:48 pm »
As Terra said, it's called life.  If you want more activity around here, rip some maps.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 06:35:54 pm »
Typically the number of active people on a forum is somewhere between 5% and 10% of the total userbase.

There's also the fact that most of us have lives (or we're just plain lazy).

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 04:17:43 am »
I can understand that most (if not all) have lives... I have one as well, but it's just that over 150 members, and not ONE post for sometimes 6 days (or more no posts in a different topic for 6 days).

Offline marioman

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 05:21:22 am »
Think *active* members.  A majority of those members you are talking about have less then 10 posts.  It makes sense when you look at it that way.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 06:42:16 am »
Sometimes there's just nothing worth saying. Of course, some people don't let that stop them.

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 06:44:28 am »
<_< Yeah .... I suppose

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2008, 02:50:49 pm »
TerraEsperZ Said:
Speaking for myself, well real life is getting in the way. I'm working overtime more, and my weekends have been kept busy by friends and/or family, thus leaving not much time for mapping or posting new and interesting threads. It's not because I don't visit, because I come here several times a day. I just don't have the time to write; for example, I've been dying to post about the Transformers Animated series (mostly for JonLeung's benefit) now that several episodes have gone by, including one with a kickass Soundwave homage.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Sonic CD (Sega CD)

I'll just say that Transformers Animated is pretty good. Still not keen on the animation, but I am getting use to it, and definitely will look past it because this series is definitely one anyone shouldn't underestimate.

---

Creator of over 650 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!