Author Topic: The Addams Family (SMS)  (Read 11219 times)

Offline Will

The Addams Family (SMS)
« on: April 07, 2008, 11:46:17 am »
I have all the rooms and all the places in the entire game which would add up to the total map count of 31, but I don't think its fair considering most of the rooms are screenshot size (248 X 169) and I want somebody to help make all 31 maps into one big map. Whoever volunteers, I will post you my materials. I assure anyone who gets started on this, that all 31 maps are perfectly well finished, showing all money, enemies. In addition I will also post to the volunteer a simple rough map of where the rooms link directly (don't expect any trap links from the chain room). I look forward to seeing a fine piece of work done by any SMS Mapmaker.

Offline Eggz

RE: The Addams Family (SMS)
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:21:09 pm »
Will, if you already have all the materials and all the pieces already, why don't you put the map together yourself? It just seems logical I find.

---

This looks like a job for Science!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:07:26 pm »
A bit off-topic but while I shy away from licensed games, usually, I seemed to really like The Addams Family on the Super NES.  Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt wasn't too bad either.

Come to think of it, Fester's Quest also had its moments.

Strangely, I am totally not even an Addams Family fan in any other regard.

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 10:47:13 pm »
Eggz do you know how large and small those materials are? I've attempted to do it myself, but every time, it never works because big and small don't seem to mix with my method, but if I ever get the layout done I shall inform on the topic.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:51:36 pm »
Hmm... I'll give it a try. Granted, I haven't played the game (or any SMS game for that matter). :P

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline Eggz

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:29:52 pm »
Will Said:
Eggz do you know how large and small those materials are? I've attempted to do it myself, but every time, it never works because big and small don't seem to mix with my method, but if I ever get the layout done I shall inform on the topic.

Everyone works with different sized materials when they map. The game I'm currently working on has some pretty large areas and they don't always fit together perfectly (or at all for that matter), so I sit down for hours or days at a time and make everything work. Go have a look at some of my work and I dare you to point out where screens didn't fit.

No matter the size of the materials, you just have to be diligent, and if you have to come up with different tactics and methods, even different programs to put them together, it helps you grow your skills. If you don't know how, that's what the Mapping Tips board is for; we're a community, we help each other. I just find that getting someone to finish putting together something that's half done cause you can't devise a method yourself of doing is almost like giving up on the project without a fight.

---

Offline Will

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 11:31:11 pm »
Up to now, I have done the Addams Family map. I'm not proud of the way it turned out leaving large white spaces in the lower left and upper right parts, but that's all to it. I think this request therefore is finished but if anyone wants to improve the map, when it comes, they are welcome, mind them I will not be remaking the seperate rooms or providing help for their convenience.