Author Topic: Web site to track game accomplishments and compare to others?  (Read 7426 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
A few months back I remember seeing ads for a web site that was apparently meant for users to track their gaming accomplishments.  (The banner ad looked like a checklist written on notepad paper, saying something kind of like:

"Super Mario Bros.:

[] Save The Princess.

[] Save The Princess without losing a life.

The Legend Of Zelda:

[]Save The Princess.

[]Save The Princess in under 50 hours.")

At the time, I didn't think much of it, 'cause the site still seemed new, and so while many games were listed, it was still requiring users to submit accomplishments specific to each game.  I was surprised to see the Pok?mon games didn't have anything at all, I figured "Completed Pok?dex" would've been a given.  But hey, it was new.

Now I can't find the site at all.  It's kind of hard to look up in Google, really, and I don't remember the name of it.

I don't want to waste time checking off little boxes to list my accomplishments if the web site I'm doing it on doesn't last...

Is there perhaps a Facebook application that does something like that?

When I think of the tens of thousands of hours I've spent playing hundreds, possibly over a thousand games in my life, I wonder how I compare to anyone.  I have little doubt that I play more games than anyone I know, but it'd still be interesting to see what I've done and haven't done.  Maybe one of these days I'll grow up and this list will tell me how much of my life I'm wasting, too.  :P

Anyone know what site I'm talking about, or if there's something in Facebook like that?

Offline Eggz

RE: Web site to track game accomplishments and compare to others?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 06:43:23 pm »
So I checked around facebook (cause you mentioned that specifically) and while I didn't find a milestone tracker or anything like that, I did manage to find a few other applications that might interest some people. I only went through 250 pages of the gaming applications I doubt there are many more decent apps than these.

-- GamingSocial - Catalog your Video Games * See what your Friends are playing, Write Reviews, and Recommend Games * Meet new People who are Playing your Favorite Game

-- Wii Friend Number - This application will allow you to easily share your Wii Console number and Wi-fi friend codes on your Facebook profile

-- Video Game Quiz - Take the Quiz or add a question! This is the longest Video Game Quiz on Facebook and it's all created by USERS!

-- Mario Kart Wii - Share your MarioKart Wii License Number with your Friends and the Facebook Community more easly

-- Gamertags - Add a gamertag for your Wii / DS / Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC as well as for individual games. Share gamertags / friend codes / gamercard with friends or join a group. Makes it easy to find people to play online with

-- Video Games Q&A - Get help with your favorite games, trade strategies, or get cheat codes to give you that extra edge! Get answers from your Friends or anyone else on Facebook!

-- Wii and DS Friend Codes - See all your friends' Wii and Nintendo DS wi-fi connect game friend codes as well as share yours! Powered by nwiifi.com.

-- Wii Friend Codes - A simple application to allow users to share their Wii friend codes across their social network. It should be made clear that this application is not related to or authorised by Nintendo in any way.

-- And not to mention the several Xbox Live trackers.

So that's what I have. I'll check around the internet some some for anything else I can stumble across.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!