Author Topic: Alex Kidd in High Tech World or Amnitsu Hime (J)  (Read 11038 times)

Offline Will

Alex Kidd in High Tech World or Amnitsu Hime (J)
« on: August 28, 2008, 04:31:01 am »
Walkthroughs don't seem accurate enough. Neither did Starfighter do any hand drawn map of it. There's little or no difference between the two games. One is Japanese, the other is US. One has Alex Kidd the other has Princess Amnitsu. Doing both really isn't necessary but which is better?:banana:

Offline salahmander

RE: Alex Kidd in High Tech World or Amnitsu Hime (J)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:59:28 am »
im assuming alex because, it is more well known to a lot of people :)

Offline Maxim

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:25:24 am »
They've really messed up the first map with Alex Kidds all over the place. I'll get around to making my own map of the castle and this time I'll have another map by its side indicating where the doors connect, then I'll complete the entire game. I shouldn't have bothered requesting really, but here goes nothing.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 12:33:17 pm »
The games are essentially identical, but playing through Anmitsu Hime is a lot harder because you need to read Japanese. There's a complete walkthrough here, but it's in Japanese too. Fun fact: if you answer the Alex Kidd version's questions with the (wrong) answers in the correct Japanese ones' positions, you still pass.

Offline Will

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 08:54:00 am »
I completed the game. Yes it is very short. It was not hard at all. Here's a screenshot of the rooms in the castle. All I had to do was decrease the gamma correction in the picture before inserting the rooms.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 10:15:44 am »
Why are the rooms apparently misaligned? Is it due to switching between 256 and 248 pixel wide screens? I'd fill in the gaps rather than have everything stacked horizontally and thus misaligned vertically. The floor texture ought to help with alignment.

The game actually represents the rooms as being viewed at an angle 90° from the floor view, but it's very hard to represent that. Adding annotations for walkthough purposes might be interesting. Do you think it would have been so easy without a walkthrough? The random deaths and obtuse "puzzles" make it randomly annoying, although I didn't find the platform sections particularly tricky.

Offline Will

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 11:26:49 am »
It wasn't very easy to place the rooms onto the shadowed castle map, infront of the doors. Yes it is due to the pixel wide size. I wish I could make the map's alignments neater and perfectly understandable for all players, but I think Sega was really hasty in making the game. My work on High Tech World will end here and I'll start something different. SNES "Out of this World" if you want to know.