Author Topic: 2008/09: WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness (PC) - LDK  (Read 15258 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2008/09: WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness (PC) - LDK
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:47 am »
User posted image
WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness

For this month's "Maps of the Month" featurette, I wish to draw your attention to LDK's WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness maps.

Who hasn't played a WarCraft game?  Some people are playing so much World Of WarCraft that they're practically living it, but before WarCraft's insanely popular MMORPG were the original real-time strategy (RTS) games.

WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness (and its expansion, Beyond The Dark Portal) sees the Orcs and the Humans going at it against each other again, from the shores of Lordaeron to Black Rock Spire to the Great Portal and beyond!  Here, we have maps for your trek back to and across Azeroth!

Over the past little while, LDK has completely mapped several real-time strategy games (and their expansions) and submitted them to VGMaps.com.  Of these, I chose WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness, though any other could also be honoured someday.

So to recognize the effort put into mapping one of the most classic RTS games ever, LDK's WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness maps will be known as VGMaps.com's Maps of the Month for September 2008.

Offline Will

RE: 2008/09: WarCraft II: Tides Of Darkness (PC) - LDK
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 07:41:45 am »
Excellent choice. Warcraft will get its due attention. It doesn't really matter of my prequel maps cannot join this one's place and will never come before this one. World of Warcraft is good quality I daresay, but I prefer the classic simulation style, especially Warcraft III.