Author Topic: The Story of Thor - A Successor of The Light(GEN)  (Read 11586 times)

Offline xyzbilliu

The Story of Thor - A Successor of The Light(GEN)
« on: October 19, 2008, 05:11:37 am »
I want to play this game,and rip the maps at the same time. Now I go to Mountainside Fortress,about 40% of the game. But there are many space which cannot goto until Thor get more ability in the game. So I only finished WATERFALL SHRINE now,and ripped most of the space before Mountainside Fortress.

Here is the map of WATERFALL SHRINE(Unlabeled)

http://www.zshare.net/image/50045964cd5e6c13/

Next game:Crusader of Centy(GEN)
My Game Atlas Website

Offline xyzbilliu

RE: The Story of Thor - A Successor of The Light(GEN)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 01:43:23 am »
My Game Atlas Website

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 10:24:00 am »
I'm not familiar with the game, but those maps look fantastic! If I had to make one remark, it would be that the arrows that go under/through an unconnected map part are not that intuitive. I realize that it's more efficient that way, but it's harder to follow that way.

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:48:28 am »
It's impossible to avoid the arrows go through a map if you see the map A4&E3. Anyway,now I'm working the last 2 maps.All maps may be ripped this week.And I want to spend some days to label them.

http://www.zshare.net/download/5066286219c1b6af/
My Game Atlas Website

Offline Maxim

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 10:51:50 am »
I'm pretty sure it could all be done with (1) arrows that go around the maps (requiring a bit more space, admittedly) or (2) letters labelling how things hook up. Having them go under makes it very hard to follow because you have to go and check the opposite side to see if it's terminating there or not.

Offline xyzbilliu

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 07:36:44 am »
I finished all maps and labeled them today.All arrows which go through another map are labelled with numbers.Maybe I will find another game to play and rip its maps.

http://www.zshare.net/download/509698906a66dfd2/

My Game Atlas Website

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 07:59:29 am »
Apparently the North American name is Beyond Oasis.  For the sake of consistency, I always use the North American name, barring any major objections.

One thing I really plan to do for a possible revamp (if I ever get around to it >_>) is more information in a title box of sorts for each game, mentioning alternate names and other-region names, so someone would be able to find it under just about any of its names.

Anyway, now that I actually have these maps, I'll try to get them up this weekend, along with Seiken Densetsu 3 and Terranigma.

Phew - that's a bunch of 16-bit RPG maps.  (Well, action RPGs, in these cases.)  They're what I keep saying we need more of, so certainly don't take that as a complaint.  :)