Author Topic: NDS Super Princess Peach!  (Read 11469 times)

Offline Will

NDS Super Princess Peach!
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:26:53 pm »
You're probably gonna get cheery and happy about this because I was just starting another of the Super Mario games but now its our heroine Princess Peach! Don't get too excited though, because every NDS emulator I try to use is buggy and all I managed to obtain was the Vibe Island Overworld Map and the title. I would like it if you NDS mappers could help me find a better and well working emulator.

On the bright side this is my first NDS map ever, something I had been seeking to get for many months.:smile:

Offline Revned

RE: NDS Super Princess Peach!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 12:29:50 pm »
Unfortunately the best DS emulator, no$gba, doesn't have layer disabling. You have to pay for his developer version. I tried to map some Castlevania awhile back, but I didn't get anywhere with what I had.

Offline Piranhaplant

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2008, 06:37:12 pm »
There is one NDS emulator that I know of that supports layer disabling, and that is DeSmuME.  You can get it here http://desmume.org/ . It supports a lot of games that are completely 2-d, but if there is any 3-d in that game, you are out of luck.

---

Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)
Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 09:57:16 pm »
Yeah, DeSmuME works pretty well, but its compatibility is nowhere near as high as no$gba.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 07:15:53 am »
I liked Super Princess Peach.  Better than I expected.  Probably won't ever replay it though (but then again I hardly have time to replay games anymore)...

If only I could bring myself to play the Wario, Donkey Kong, and Yoshi games on the GBA and DS...I don't really get why I don't, considering what a Nintendo fan I am...  (I also never finished Metroid Prime Hunters or got other endings in Star Fox Command...huh.)

Offline Will

Re: NDS Super Princess Peach!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 12:13:45 am »
Finally gotten around to doing another map. If emulation were to improve so that after removing the layers the first and second background, the area wouldn't be as black as the outlines. Also I wish there were hotkeys to remove the layers so that I wouldn't have to undo and redo it by hand by scrolling through the menus.