Author Topic: Super Mario World Chocolate Island 2 Incorrect  (Read 46497 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Super Mario World Chocolate Island 2 Incorrect
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 05:38:48 pm »
Posts #012 and #013 in this topic were previously new topics, but I merged all these topics together into this existing thread.

It's not necessary to make new topics about the same thing.

Offline Mahrla

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 06:48:05 pm »
Well, just a few things before I continue:

I'm probably one of the few guys that never really played SMW in my childhood (only the first levels at a friend). So one day I thought it would be nice to play through the game on emulator and try to map it. I started to map the first 2 levels manually and then found this lunar magic editor. It was a lot easier with lunar, because all I had to do was to save the level & "bonus level" files as bmp and align them correctly (I wanted to play through the game anyway, so I just checked which pipe lead to which bonus room and so on).

But then there were a few areas that lunar magic couldn't render. Especially in this level. And because I never played the game, I just went through the level and mapped the missing areas (at this point I did not know that I was missing more areas of this level).

Then over the years I got like 100 mails (50 from debbie^^) in which I was asked to redo the map. I always wanted to do so, but you know, sometimes you are just too busy...

I finally read a FAQ to find the missing areas. But now there are still errors in the map?

I will redo the map again, but I need specific information:

Area 1 (there is only one first Area)

- when you do not collect enough coins, you reach Area 2A (left side on my map)

- when you collect enough coins, you reach Area 2B (right side on my map)

And then, Area 2B leads to Area 3B (the one with the mushroom-bubbles on right side of my map).

Is there a way to reach a different Area 3X from Area 2B?

Sorry, if I still made a mistake. But now I want to have it correct (and not wait another 3 years to redo it^^).

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17:24 am »
"Dragon Coins" should be capitalized, and some words ("Dragon" and "(middle)", for example) seem to have weird pixel nicks and lines that probably shouldn't be there.

>_>

Hey, I might as well point it out before dbarrier54 does...

Offline Mahrla

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2009, 03:16:15 pm »
Ok, just tell me what I can improve.

I also thought about aligning stuff like this:

------ | Area 2a | Area 3a | -------

Area 1 | Area 2b | Area 3b | Area 4a

------ | Area 2c | Area 3c | Area 4b

Not sure, if that is better.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 08:35:43 pm »
Yeah, that probably would look better, and make it easy/-ier to 'understand' the map.

inb4dbarrier54

Offline dbarrier54

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 04:25:01 pm »
Stefan,

I Just wanted to know that

Area 2C is Wrong

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 04:30:09 pm »
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 05:36:43 pm »
OK, that's it. For GOD'S sake, dbarrier54, POST IN THE SAME THEAD! STOP MAKING NEW ONES. Also, it's wrong is it? Well how about saying how it should be?

Offline marioman

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 07:05:04 pm »
Here we go again...

Offline Maxim

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 02:22:10 am »
dbarrier54,

We Just wanted to know,

this thread is WRONG.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 06:25:57 pm »
Please correct before continuing!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 07:09:10 am »
This is really unnecessary.

1) This is the fourth topic you made about this (post #022).  Plus, you hijacked another thread about Super Mario World, so it's kind of like the fifth time.  That's why I merged these topics with the original, though I could've just as easily deleted them (if I didn't happen to really like the "merge topics" ability).

2) There was no need to email me to tell Stefan Mahrla to fix it.  He's well aware of the situation, and he mentioned that you emailed him already, and I don't see why it'd be my responsibility to "tell him" to fix it.  I do want to see it fixed too, but that goes into my next point...

3) ...he already said he would fix it again (after already attempting to fix it for you twice already), so I don't see why you should pester someone who's already willing to fulfill your request.  He has acknowledged your preference to have it as soon as possible, as well.

4) And that wasn't long ago, it's not like it was over a month ago.  There might be a certain length of time when it would be fine to give someone a poke to see if they're still working on something, but surely you can give it a rest for a little longer?  Relax, it'll get done, he doesn't need constant reminders, especially not on the forums where you might be annoying others.

5) If you need this map corrected so badly, perhaps you should be more clear to Stefan exactly what needs to be remedied.  Just saying something's wrong doesn't help.

6) I find it hard to believe that you would NEED one single stage mapped correctly, and SO BADLY, especially when you already have the Mario Mania Player's Guide.  If the constant pestering is a joke, it's no longer funny.

I believe I banned you once before, don't make another topic about this or I just might do it again.

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 09:06:38 am »
You see where you put "I don't see why you should pester someone who's already willing to fulfill your request"? I think you sould replace "request" with "demands" <_<

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2009, 10:53:37 am »
This kind of behavior is why I've always thought a "Request" board was a bad idea; it attracts the kind of obsessed people who keep demanding things be done just because they want it.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Mahrla

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 09:16:05 pm »
Sorry for taking so long to re-redo (^^) the map, but my computer crashed two weeks ago.

So here is the map that can be "read" from left to right. It can also be uploaded to the main page:

http://www.superplayers.de/stefanmahrla/misc/pics/SuperMarioWorld-World6-ChocolateIsland2.png