Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen & G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra  (Read 34462 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
I'm certainly not hyped up about Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen because of him.  :P

He's certainly not the worst actor in the world, IMO.  I can put up with him for a couple hours a year.  But I don't get why Steven Spielberg thinks as highly of him as he does.  Surely the most well-known director in the world has worked with better talent?

Offline TerraEsperZ

I just watched Trailer #3, and I got about as close to a nergasm as I possibly could. I'm a big TF fan, but at this point I don't even care if the plot is botched like in the first. This is a popcorn movie featuring giant transforming robots and it's going to own! This is the Independance Day of Transformers and I already love it for that fact alone.

---

Current projects: Aria Of Sorrow (GBA), Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline StarFighters76

RE: Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen & G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 01:19:30 pm »
Now when is ROTF coming out? I hear the 26th but now I hear the 24th.

---

Creator of over 900 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 01:43:27 pm »
The 26th was the release date for North America, but then it was moved to Wednesday the 24th.

The IMAX version also opens on the same day, which is unusual for Hollywood films; they usually use the IMAX experience as a way to "double-dip".

Initially I was planning to see it on the Thursday, since I figured the even-crazier-fans-than-I would be going nuts on Wednesday and that most other people would see it on Friday.  So Thursday would be a balance between the crazy people and the crazy crowds.  But now I am probably going to see it on Friday instead, to be able to see it with more people and to stay up later, but hopefully I can avoid hearing inevitable spoilers for a couple days (not that this kind of film would have many surprises, though).

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 09:25:04 pm »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2009, 08:35:39 pm »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 07:47:16 am »
More Vimeo clips from michael bay dot com:

TV Spots

Clip

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 07:07:57 am »
Turns out there is a midnight showing in the city.  I won't be going to that...but is anyone here planning to see it then where they live?

I really should have bought tickets for Wednesday instead of Friday.  I was hoping going on Friday would mean more people to go with, since that's the best way to see movies at theaters at all anyway (considering how quickly movies come to DVD/Blu-Ray these days), but at least according to my Facebook event, interest is incredibly low, and weird that none of the friends I see most often want to go at all!  And then there's a Playdium reunion party on Friday that I'm missing because of this movie...grr, I'm torn.

This one time that I actually bought tickets weeks in advance better not turn out to be a mistake.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 05:32:23 pm »
Argh! If I want to see this in English, I have to wait until August 6th for the local IMAX to show it (or pay double the ticket price in taxi fare to get to and come back from the only movie theater that has it). Godamnit >:(

---

Current project: Castlevania: Aria Of Sorrow (GBA)

Upcoming project: Castlevania Legends (GB)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2009, 12:12:50 am »
Just got back from the IMAX showing.  :)

I won't get too much into it, but I feel they grabbed random things they liked from the mythology as per the comics, the cartoon, and the toys...little things they kind of put together.  Can't really explain what I mean without going into "spoilers"...so I won't, not here and now, anyway.

Good action when you could tell what was going on.  Still lots of blurry metal crunching action.  It's been bragged that there are 40-some robots here, but there were MANY that showed up for maybe a minute.  No joke.  Like guys in the background, who would just kind of show up whenever.  A few were killed moments after appearing, with less time than Bonecrusher in the first film.

I think all the people who are complaining about the crude humour need to lighten up.  I always thought I was the first to cringe at such jokes, but it's seriously not a big deal, and I don't think any of it was quite as bad as "Sam's Happy Time" from the first one.

In closing, I think it's a bit better than the first, but could have been a lot better if more Transformers were actually named and given real screen time.

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 10:59:18 am »
I just saw it myself and I must say it was definitely better than the first movie. Skids and Mudflap won pretty much, and of course Prime was just prime.

---

Creator of over 910 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline Revned

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 04:15:07 pm »
God that was an awful movie. I guess you have to be a fan...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 04:49:54 pm »
Granted, it wasn't perfect.

I think all those negative reviews blew up certain gripes out of proportion, especially particular jokes.  It's one thing to gripe about not being able to see the blurry action or not being able to tell the Transformers apart, but when reviews dwell on Sam's mom's pot brownie experience or Devastator's balls, it's like, get real.

I should revisit the first movie again, maybe it was better, and I'm just not remembering it correctly.  But, it figures that my dad borrowed our HD-DVD copy again just now.  WTF.  Since I have an HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo maybe I'll just buy the Blu-Ray version and he can keep that one.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 12:30:10 am »
On Transformers forums, the opinion is that it's generally much worst than the first thanks to Bay being his usual self. The consensus, if such a thing can even exist among fans, is that it should be seen for the visual spectacle alone.

Doesn't really make me want to waste 5 or 6 hours to go see it in a theater really.

---

Current project: Castlevania Legends (GB)

Upcoming project: Not sure yet
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2009, 07:24:42 pm »
Well, I broke down and went to see it.

I have to admit I had a lot of fun and I love most of the new Transformers technology we saw like Devastator the combiner, Soundwave hacking that satellite, those little balls Ravage releases which then assemble into a bigger robot, Alice the Pretender, etc.

I must say that it's a pretty bad movie in most aspects, most of them thanks to Michael Bay's fetish for military hardware and explosions, and complete lack of understanding of the word 'pacing' (he most likely think it's a country in Asia or something).

Anyway, the new Leader Optimus Prime figure rules. It also makes me wish I had never bought the one from the first movie, because it sucks *bad* in comparison.

So there :)

---

Current project: Not sure yet

Upcoming project: Not sure yet either
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)