Author Topic: Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen & G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra  (Read 34437 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Super Bowl TV Spots:

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=dgqC3QRNBus

G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=WsogJy3zxLk

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen & G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 06:44:55 pm »
Okay, I edited the first post with another round of working YouTube links.

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 06:48:21 pm »
I wasn't the biggest fan, but that's not quite how I remember GI Joe...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 09:06:42 pm »
I'm not seeing countless laser beams flying everywhere and hitting nothing >:(

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 09:32:28 pm »
I hope they bring down aircraft with small arms fire in G.I. Joe.  Otherwise it won't be the same. =D

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 08:39:00 am »
I noticed the Joes imitating Ironhide from the first Transformers film as they did flips on the streets to avoid some shots.  Also, another Joe with his dog attempt to imitate Bonecrusher by crashing through a bus.  :P

Of these two teasers, the G.I. Joe one was more interesting, but maybe because they're teasing that the G.I. Joes are back, Hollywood-style.  The Transformers sequel we all knew was coming and we pretty much expect lots of carnage, and all they're showing here is just as much.  Still pretty impressive, though.

Word is that huge guy at the end (the one with the big wheel and resembles a Hulked-out Thrust from Beast Machines) is supposedly just a single Constructicon, not the combined form.  Whoa.  If so, the combined form of seven is going to be massive, though that goes without saying.  I also noticed one of the two figures following the Decepticon Audi (the one that tumbles out of the building before transforming) on only my second viewing of it without truly looking for them.  Supposedly one of those two pursuers could be Arcee.

I think there's supposed to be a "fuller" teaser attached to Friday The 13th (the film), which opens this Friday (the 13th), and a high-quality official Quicktime version will be available a week after that.  Then we can really go nuts with frame-by-frame analysis.  :P

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 10:15:42 am »
Revned Said:
I wasn't the biggest fan, but that's not quite how I remember GI Joe...

Likewise, that doesn't look like the GI Joe I knew back in the 80s.

As for Transformers, looks interesting. I just hope it's true that the Transformers will have some actual screentime. That was a major downside for the first movie: Too much human action. It's a movie about robots fighting robots, so where's the robots?

---

Creator of over 840 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 02:40:05 pm »
The animators had to figure out a lot of stuff that hadn't been done before when they were animating the Transformers in the first film, and I recall the writers admitting that the robots couldn't have a lot of screen time because of that, hence the useless human storylines, especially the hackers'.  By extension, if animation really was that tricky, that might explain the often-used "shaky-cam" that made the fights hard to watch but hid any potentially sloppy animation sequences.

Now they promise that they know what they're doing, and they have around forty robots.  They even pointed out they could even add more robot-only scenes, even entirely in post-production, especially for the Decepticons (who were particularly lacking in the first one).

Forty Transformers sounds like a lot, but it's only about three times as many as in the first film, and it almost seems like they could've almost had three times more screen time than they did.  Though I expect a lot of minor characters will end up being background cannon fodder (like Jazz practically was, sadly) - though these background guys will probably help sell toys if they at least look cool in however many seconds they appear in.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:52 pm »
Wow, impressive! I'm already planning to see the movie, now I have more of a reason to see it.

---

Creator of over 840 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 01:39:27 am »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 08:18:03 pm »
I will *LOVE* this movie. There are more robots than ever before, and from that clip above, Bay is actually using wider shots so we can actually tell what's happening whenever two robots meet.

With that and Star Trek, this might just be one of my best year in terms of movie ;)

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator

Offline Revned

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 08:51:59 pm »
I can't stand Shia LaBeouf.