Author Topic: New Super Mario Bros Wii  (Read 15925 times)

Offline Revned

New Super Mario Bros Wii
« on: November 17, 2009, 12:00:00 am »
There's already a level editor for it. I smell maps in the near future.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Re: New Super Mario Bros Wii
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 07:42:41 am »
...why hadn't I thought of that before? I knew of the editor, but never considered using it for maps. I guess I'm just too excited for getting the game. :P
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 09:49:46 am »
How the heck do some people code fully functioning editors for barely-released games ??? It boggles the mind...
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Maxim

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:45:22 am »
Apparently the level format is almost identical to New Super Mario Bros. on the DS.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 11:32:49 am »
Yeah, and the person making Reggie is none other than Treeki, the one responsible for the DS NSMB level editor.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:34:25 pm »
Wasn't he involved in a SML2 editor?

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 01:21:12 pm »
I got the game for Christmas and played through it with two of my brothers. Somehow we managed to skip World 7 (and half of World 8) while still beating the game. Afterwards, I went back and collected all the star coins (mostly by myself) and replayed the levels I missed (mostly with a partner). Somehow, I've already done everything there is to do in the game (the game itself said so!). All in all, the game was very, very good. I've heard the DS game isn't up to the series' par (though I never played it), that is hardly the case for this game. The levels are consistently creative and challenging, the multiplayer is a blast, and the bosses are actually pretty good.

The only real complaint I have is that the controls for picking stuff up are a bit too finicky. Sometimes when you want to spin you pick something you don't want up (eg other players), and sometimes when you want to pick something up you end up spinning. Also, you can't pick up stuff while underwater, despite being able to carry items while underwater.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 07:56:55 pm »
From what little I've seen of the DS game, it looks more like an update of the first NES game. This game on the other hand manages to make every single stage very unique which is why it was so fun to play through. Sadly it was over so very soon...
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 10:45:24 am »
The DS game had somewhat of a gimmick-per-level thing like the Wii version, but it wasn't as diverse as NSMBWii's.

Oh yeah, I got the game for my birthday and me and my brother beat it 100% in a few days (amlost nonstop playing). Great game. :D

Offline alucard

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 09:18:06 pm »
Sadly it was over so very soon...

I just started on the game this month. Since you can save twice per world, once at the middle Fortress and also at the last castle I am only doing half a world each time I play. By playing it this way it will take me longer to beat and I will enjoy it more.