Author Topic: RPS-25 - Rock, Scissors, Paper...Fire, Air, Water, Sponge...etc.  (Read 10076 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RPS-25 @ Newgrounds.com

The classic game of Rock, Paper, Scissors...but can be expanded to five, seven, nine, 11, 15, or 25 items, including:

-Air

-Alien

-Axe

-Bowl

-Cockroach

-Devil

-Dragon

-Dynamite

-Fire

-Gun

-Lightning

-Man

-Monkey

-Moon

-Nuke

-Paper

-Rock

-Scissors

-Snake

-Sponge

-Sun

-Tree

-Water

-Wolf

-Woman

Nuke isn't as powerful as you might think...Water short-circuits it, Alien defuses it, Cockroach survives it, etc....  Some of the ways of "defeating" are kind of weak, but nothing can be invincible, obviously.  I'm pretty sure there's a pattern...of the ones I've seen, the first twelve items closer to an item clockwise defeat it, and it can defeat the twelve items closer to it counter-clockwise.

EDIT: Found the original picture:

User posted image

I don't get Wolf vs. Nuke and Paper vs. Moon...

Offline DarkWolf

RE: RPS-25 - Rock, Scissors, Paper...Fire, Air, Water, Sponge...etc.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 07:29:54 pm »
Someone had too much time on their hands.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 11:44:06 pm »
WOLF-2 is probably a fictional vehicle which can launch nukes, while paper moon is an English expression, isn't it?

In any case, they're both reaching pretty far to make a connection, which shows just how unintuitive this variant of the game is.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 02:05:16 pm »
This reminds me of a variation I made up while bored on a 2nd or 3rd grade field trip: Rock-Laser-Mirror. Rock smashes mirror, laser cuts rock, mirror reflects laser.

Terra's right, though. This game in much too unintuitive to be fun. Rock-Paper-Scissors is fun because anyone can play it and it makes sense.