Author Topic: Spot three changes in the NES section.  (Read 22289 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Spot three changes in the NES section.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 11:14:34 am »
Actually, no.  I started out using Microsoft Word, but the problem was that it wasn't quite WYSIWYG, as you say, and things like the front page poll (that we had at the time but that I didn't update that often) simply wouldn't show up in the editing.  I guess my copy of Word is old (I think it's '97) so it's got HTML editing capabilities but can't handle the non-HTML stuff at all.  It doesn't even like some HTML code itself like sizes as percentages.

So I switched to Microsoft FrontPage.  This was quite a while ago.  It's pretty handy, I can do a lot without having to learn HTML or deal with the awkwardness of Microsoft Word, though in its attempt to be robust I do often have to deal with extraneous HTML tags everywhere.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 12:04:57 pm »
Although I've long forsaken WYSIWYG for web development, FrontPage is a better choice than using Word's web editing features.  But I remember starting with Word '97 too, I made my first simple page with it.

You could always play with the percentage of the table width and the cellspacing and padding within. W3C recommends using relative sizes over absolute anyway.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 01:36:50 pm »
I've applied the changes to all the folders, but let me know if any game system's page isn't showing up properly.

Offline Revned

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 02:02:00 pm »
:(

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 02:35:09 pm »
Sorry, Revned.

I'm of the opinion that widescreen users are still the minority, and that they could always adjust their windows so that they're not maximized if it's really too wide anyway.

Like the logo and white look, you may learn to tolerate it...

Offline Revned

« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 03:08:51 pm »
I hate it when webmasters of sites with lots of traffic dismiss "minorities", like Mac users. When you get thousands of hits a day, even 5% is a lot of people. Your decision is understandable, but a few weeks ago a very big site had a css problem that rendered it unviewable in the browser I use. The admin said it wasn't high on his priority list since Mac users are a minority. They probably get over 10,000 hits daily, so hundreds of people were inconvenienced. They didn't fix it for 3 or 4 days, and the only problem was a broken link.