Author Topic: Need help emulating Famicom Disk System  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Wario Bros

Need help emulating Famicom Disk System
« on: June 14, 2012, 01:09:56 pm »
I'm deciding to rip maps from a Famicom Disk System game but I need help.  I have the FDS ROM and the "disk" of the game but I don't how to get them to work on the FCE Ultra emulator.  I keep on getting an error message from the FDS ROM for not finding a disc and I'm stuck there.  Can someone tell me how to work it?

And if you must know, the game I want to rip is the disc version of Super Mario Bros.  Why?  Because the Famicom Disk System has a Minus World totally different from the cartridge version and I want to rip those (getting to the Minus World on the FDS version is exactly the same as the cartridge version).

So can anyone help me?

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Need help emulating Famicom Disk System
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:16:29 pm »
Well first of all, you have to make sure you know where the FDS rom file (disksys.rom) is and configure the path to it in the Config => Directories menu. After that, you should have no problem starting the game.

It might ask you to switch the disk to the other side, in which case you have to go in the following menus: NES => Eject/Insert Disk, Switch Disk Side & Eject/Insert Disk.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Wario Bros

Re: Need help emulating Famicom Disk System
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 01:00:01 pm »
Okay thanks, I got it working! :D  I noticed one problem I was making was I opening the FDS ROM rather than the "Super Mario Bros.fds" file.

Now if you excuse me, I got some maps to rip.