Author Topic: True Lies (SNES)  (Read 18115 times)

Offline qwert_vs_qwerty

True Lies (SNES)
« on: September 24, 2012, 09:40:06 am »
ALL MAPs Completed (^ _-)
Level 1 - Chateau

Level 2 - Slopes (I will not do that)
Level 3 - Mall

Level 4 - Park

Level 5 - Subway (too big to preview)
Level 6 - Dock

Level 7 - China

Level 8 - Refinery

Level 9 - Overseas Highway: Florida Keys (I will not do that)
Level 10 - Office
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:41:35 am by qwert_vs_qwerty »

Offline BumFengShui

Re: True Lies (SNES)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:10 pm »
I had this on my someday I'll get to it list & I hate to see a game go incomplete so I mapped "The Slopes" I haven't seen the other 1 yet so I'm not positive if I'll be able to map it or not. Here's a list of the Mission names taken from the game manual.
01. "The Chateau"
02. "The Slopes"
03. "The Mall"
04. "The Park"
05. "Subway"
06. "Dock"
07. "China: The Forbidden City"
08. "The Refinery
09. "Overseas Highway: Florida Keys"
10. "Office Party"

Offline BumFengShui

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 08:44:26 pm »
First off I need to know what all you are adding into your maps (Items, enemies, civilians) so I can keep The Slopes consistent with the rest of your maps.
Overseas Highway: Florida Keys loops 4 different ways. The first loops a few times then goes to the second which will loop until time runs out or until you destroy a number of vehicles (not sure how many or which ones) then the third seems to loop until you get down to the final truck carrying a warhead and then the 4th starts to loop. I'm really not sure what to do with this, anyone have a suggestion?

Offline qwert_vs_qwerty

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 07:15:56 am »
In general, only objects and barrels, because most of the enemies and civilians are constantly moving, making difficult to establish a place of their initial position. Well, except that at level 4 "Park" designated civilian as they are all fixed.
At first, I wanted to mark stationary enemies, but then decided that it would only confuse and clutter the map. Maybe then when better study the technology for mapping.
But you have the right to make your map as you wish

Offline qwert_vs_qwerty

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 10:26:59 am »
Updated the first post, added a couple of levels, leaving only the last level. Here is how to fill the void on the maps?

Offline BumFengShui

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 03:58:02 am »
When I can't find WTW codes I use cheat engine to find the X/Y coordinates for the character & move to the areas normally not accessible.
Here are 'The Slopes' & 'Overseas Highway: Florida Keys'. With the lack of static enemies & no civilians whatsoever there wasn't much for me to do with them.

Offline qwert_vs_qwerty

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:09:55 am »
Well, as all maps are almost ready, but I just need to fill the void.
When I can't find WTW codes I use cheat engine to find the X/Y coordinates for the character & move to the areas normally not accessible.
And you can detail.

Offline BumFengShui

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 08:03:05 pm »
First off, If hex is selected I suggest turning it off if you aren't familiar with it. Click the button in the top left under file and select your emulator.

Alright think of each map as a grid, the top left being 0. For your Y position do your 1st scan as an Unknown 2 Bytes scan. Move down and do an Increased Value scan, repeat a few times then move up and do a Decreased Value scan. Repeat as many times as needed to knock your results down as low as you can. You can also move left or right and do an Unchanged Value scan. Eventually you will have your list of results down to a pretty small number (between 1 & 50.) Select your results and copy them to your address list. Lock some of them and try to move up or down, once you have locked the right address you will not be able to move vertically, keep that 1 and delete the rest from your list. For your X position do the same thing but moving right is Increased and left is Decreased, up & down for Unchanged scans. Once you have found your addresses simply change the values and your character will automatically move to that spot.

I've found that some games change the addresses every time I restart the emulator but these are my results using Cheat Engine 6.2 & zsnesw.
These are all 2 Bytes
X - 0072C710
Y - 0072C714

On a side note the passwords in True Lies vary depending on how many lives you have. It was a little tricky to find the address as the value increases by 256 rather than 1 for every life you have.
Lives - 0072CEBE

Offline qwert_vs_qwerty

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2012, 08:41:01 am »
Updated the first post!
Well, all the maps and completed but before the throw in the archive would like to hear a little bit of criticism. Well, sort of "where my hands are growing" and "where I have to go" (^_^)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 08:42:25 am by qwert_vs_qwerty »