Author Topic: Vorpal86's Map Projects - Current and Complete  (Read 28667 times)

Offline vorpal86

Vorpal86's Map Projects - Current and Complete
« on: March 22, 2014, 12:00:26 am »
Well it looks like I will be adding my own organization here as you other guys and gals have. I'll list the few maps I've completed and list the current mapping projects I am doing now. I'll stick to a few at a time. Can't get ahead of myself. It would then be time to get my self a shovel!

NES - Complete
Gargoyle's Quest - The Demon Darkness ( Capcom )
Journey to Silius ( Sunsoft )
Mickey's Safari in Letterland ( Disney - Beam soft )
Felix the Cat ( Hudson Soft )
Code Name: Viper ( Capcom )
Lagrange Point (J) (Konami)
Low G Man (Taxan)
Amagon
Hudson's Adventure Island (Hudson Soft)
The Magic Candle (J)
Ninja Jajamaru - Legend of the Demon's Attack - Castle of Dreams (J)

Super Nintendo - Complete
Robotrek
Legend of the Mystical Ninja - Current...

Genesis - Complete
Sword of Vermilion ( SEGA )
Tougi-Ou: King Colossus (J) (Sega)
Shining in the Darkness

Amiga - Complete
Shadow of the Beast

Incomplete - Will work on them off and on
Shining in the Darkness... (Sega) (Gens) Have the town screenshot mapped out and finally found all my paper maps!
Shadow of the Beast 1 (Amiga - Psygnosis) Outside plains almost complete.
Swords and Serpents (Interplay / Acclaim) Level 1 mapped. (Games been mapped. I waited too long. ;))

UPDATE - Dec 15 2015
I may post a thread for Low G Man soon since that's the one I have most done. So these are the ones I am working on.

Update - Aug 20 2016!
Adventure island nearing completion...

Update - Aug 28 2016!
Hudson's Adventure Island maps complete

Update - July 30 2017 ( A year later! )
I've been away for a while but I'm here again. This time however I present 5 complete games mapped since I've been away when I could away from work and having heart issues/breathing issues. The new games I am submitting here shortly are:

Amiga
- Show of the Beast! (Beast)

NES
- Ninja Jajamaru - Legend of the Demon's Attack - Castle of Dreams (J)
 - The Magic Candle (J)

Super NES
- Stage 2 of Super Ghouls n' Ghosts ( I completed it a few days after posting Stage 1 but forgot to submit ) The game should be?.. completely mapped now with the other maps by Will Mallia and RyuMaster.
 - Robotrek

Genesis
- Sword of Vermillion

-------------
I'll see about adding Castle of Illusion for GENS. I never realized someone requested it. That's it for now and if I need to make a topic for any or all of these games under Map Gab lemme know I should should be hanging around for a little bit.

I'm working on it. It'll take some time.

- Good day!

Update - Oct 24th 2017
Legend of the Mystical Ninja is Complete now. I'll be sending in the maps soon.

Next Project - - -> We'll see.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 09:43:21 am by vorpal86 »

Offline vorpal86

Re: Vorpal86's Map Projects - Current and Complete
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:01:54 pm »
Felix the Cat

I've mapped out Round 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 now complete.

Before I add a thread for this I'll get at least half way through or more mapping it. I'm still playing it at the moment and have gotten to Round 5-3 already. Not sure how much is left. This game is really cool. Several different vehicles to ride in and neat little level design. Pretty a' Fun game.

There is a spot on 1-3 near the first slope that has a platform to the left of it. Jumping out and to the left are 4 little pickups, but can't jump high enough to grab them. Nowhere on the net have I found how to get those. I even tried riding a bird but wasn't high enough. GRRR.

Anyway, this is my update. I'll map some more Vermilion next.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 10:23:36 pm »
"Captains' Log started 3/25/14... Some new maps of Vermilion were spotted on a small thread of fate just north of the Radium Spectar system. Swords were found and people were saved. A lot was going on on that tiny little planet. We'll just keep an eye out to see what musters up in the near future."

So as one might have guessed. I've updated the Vermilion thread with new maps. I'll work on some Felix tomorrow just casually.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:16:07 pm »
All done with Sword of Vermilion and have marked it off the To Do list. Felix The Cat Maps (Not Cat Naps which it seems I've been doing since no new maps are done ; ) ) will follow after a long week of mapping Sword after work when brain is at it's worst. heh. :)

Off we go...

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 05:02:49 pm »
Just a quick note.

For the last 5-6 weeks I've been helping a guy do graphics for Dungeon Heroes, an Indie Dungeon Crawler found over at Game Jolt. We are pretty much finished with it so...
http://gamejolt.com/games/rpg/dungeon-heroes/23169/

I HAVE been working on Felix the Cat some and have  levels 2-1 - 2-3 and 3-1 - 3-3 complete now. I'll be working more on those by the weekend.

The next game I would like to do as long as I can keep my plate clean and not go off running aroung on you guys is Code Name Viper. I looked all over the internet and no maps of any kind could be found. It's pretty much a straight forward game with not much additional map area but there are a few stages that have some larger than the screen areas.

But anyway just a quick update.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2014, 08:26:56 pm »
Felix the Cat is complete. I'm in the process of submitting the maps. See the official but simple thread for the game down below:

https://www.vgmaps.com/forums/index.php?topic=2065.0

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 01:57:38 pm »
Update - All Clear and I didn't bump my head, even though it hurts now after all the mapping. Code Name Viper is Complete.

Have a wonderful day fellow mappers!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 08:52:46 am »
In Mind to Do
NES RPG ( Larange Point )
 - This game is a Japanese game with a Future / Space atmosphere. I'll play the game a while first.
 - This game has a translation for it by Aeon Genesis ( http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=lagrange )

I'll take a break before mapping this one. It's on my to-do list.

Oh, I'm so excited for this. I'm not much of a JRPG fan (with exceptions), but I've been fascinated with this game ever since I heard the soundtrack. I've been hoping that with a translation now released that someone would map this game and I'm glad that someone talented is doing it :).
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 04:00:34 pm »
Thanks for the motivation and inspiration! I never heard of this one (kinda odd I haven't...) until I watched a Happy Console Gamer episode on the tube. He did a whole episode on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HjKjTcwDuY&list=UU2vUKoTGIwNYq4LO0YWKPIg

It's a pretty nice game. I'm about to try and find it on eBay as an import. I'd like to have it even though I couldn't play it locally. It'd ease my mind a bit anyway knowing I owned the game. It may take a week to get started. Atm still working on doing a small little web page for our game Dungeon Heroes that we finished making.

I'll keep you updated.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 05:50:17 pm »
I've been working on Lagrange Point (I wrote it wrong originally) A lagrange Point has something to do with space and time and orbital gravity! You can get info on the wikipedia.

I have two town areas and quite a bit of the main Land1 overhead map done. I'll create an in-progress page.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 06:35:08 pm »
I'm really looking forward to seeing the overworld maps!
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 04:24:15 pm »
I'm really looking forward to seeing the overworld maps!

Not sure how much more of Land1's maps to do since there are areas I can charter yet but there is also Land2 which I'm almost at now. I'm there actually by means of game play but there are bases and a few other city maps to do before the next big map.

I'm about the update the main thread. I've done quite a bit of mapping now. I must say, this game is awesome in a 16bit Phantasy Star (II?) way. Even some of the music. It's ice cold!

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 11:09:04 am »
It's time to take a break now... Who knows what maps will be next. Maybe something on MS or GG. Something other than NES maps anyway. : )

Good day sirs and maa'ms.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 07:44:25 pm »
I also have a few maps put together for a few other games that are not on Vgmaps and maybe one day in the future I'll get those completed. These of course aren't on my soon to do list just some I noticed that didn't have any maps for on here. I've tried to keep a list of games as best I could if not on vgmaps I'll put it in so there is always plenty of maps to compile and do :)

I've got some maps for:

NES
The Adam's Family - Pugsly's Scavenger Hunt
Deadly Towers
Just Breed (J)

(Unofficial NES Hack)
Zelda II - The Shadow of Night - Easy (hard, and easy both have different maps) Most of Parapa Palace almost mapped

I think that's it though other than the 2 on my official list. I have all the maps for Milon's Secret Castle but I did not rip them myself I was given permission to use them but haven't yet compiled them due to my honest notion of the fact that I did not rip them myself even though I have permission to use in a creative common usage agreement it still infringes on the rules of this site for posting maps that's why I haven't. It's still giving me bad dreams. heh! :)

I pulled the Milon's maps from here. The only place I found maps for it.
http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Milon's_Secret_Castle/Floor_1
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:50:08 pm by vorpal86 »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 09:20:16 pm »
I honestly have no idea what would need to be done to get those Milon's Secret Castle maps posted on the site, but I'm glad you at least linked to it. I remember renting that game back in the NES days and it seemed so hard and obscure. Secrets could be anywhere and objectives weren't obvious. In fact, I only beat the first boss and reached the well because a friend told me how to proceed but I ended up losing all my lives in the well. Talk about a hard game.
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)