Author Topic: NES Open Tournament Golf  (Read 10803 times)

Offline Revned

NES Open Tournament Golf
« on: August 17, 2014, 03:48:48 pm »
This is a little different for me. I actually did 2/3 of these waaay back when Wii Sports came out since several of the golf courses there are based on this game. It was interesting to see the similarities. I finally got around to finishing them up today and adding headers, so now I can submit them and cross them off my TODO list at long last.

Interestingly, the actual hole/flag locations change in each playthrough. These maps would look weird without them, so I just went with whatever I got.

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: NES Open Tournament Golf
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 04:31:28 pm »
I think I'm showing my mapping obsession by saying I wish all the individual courses would fit neatly on a overarching overworld :).

I've never played that game, nor have I ever played any sports game on any console with the exception of Lee Trevino's Fighting Golf (NES) and only because I had exchanged my copy of Duck Tales to a friend for it during a weekend. And all I remember of that game to this day is the soundtrack.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 06:29:34 pm »
I've only played this while mapping it :)  It actually seems really solid for a NES game, although I guess I shouldn't be surprised since it's first-party and late in the life of the NES.

Offline alucard

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2014, 04:55:28 pm »
This is the game that helped launch the Mario Golf series. Great maps, btw
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 04:55:44 pm by alucard »