Author Topic: FlyingArmor's Map Projects Present and Future  (Read 190912 times)

Offline FlyingArmor

Re: FlyingArmor's Map Projects Present and Future
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2022, 06:44:46 pm »
Heheh, indeed they do.  :D

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2023, 05:07:06 pm »
Hey everyone!

I managed to get two more levels done of The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt for the SNES, with the last one in the works, so this project will come to a close very soon. :D

I also had submitted the Great Stygian Abyss map for the Commodore 64 version of Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar last month, so that finished off that game.

Besides these, I'd like to whittle down the games in my current projects before taking on new ones. I started working on the dungeons in the NES Version of Ultima IV, and it looks like it'll be a lot easier to map them since so much stuff has been stripped out when compared with the various microcomputer versions.

Nothing much else to add, so that's all for now. ;)

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2024, 11:05:36 am »
Gosh, it's nearly been a year since I updated this thread... O_O

Anyhow, the map set for Lufia: The Legend Returns is now complete.

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #183 on: February 05, 2024, 01:06:38 pm »
Now that I'm finally done with Lufia: The Legend Returns, I've gone back to slowly working on Dragon Quest VI. I've been concentrating on mapping all the locations in the Dream World and I've got around 50 maps so far.

One thing I'm probably gonna add to these maps is a mini-map which indicates what world you're in as well where in that world the location resides. Since there are many locations which look identical in both the Dream World and the Real World, this'll be a good way of easily differentiating them.

The one frustrating thing about mapping this game though is having to capture all the graphics via vSNES through save states since the usual approach of taking tons of screen shots has the problem of discolouring portions of those screen shots, and that doesn't manifest in the save state data. What's worse is that this only happens in some locations and not others, so I've simply resigned myself to using vSNES for everything. While these discrepancies are not readily visible at a glance, they sure do bug me, haha! ;D This sort of problem only seems to exist in games that were made in the latter part of the SNES era (I remember having to deal with this when mapping Lennus II).

This explains why it's been a year and a half since I first announced that I would take on this game and I have nothing to show for it. But it won't stay that way for much longer.

Offline VGCartography

« Reply #184 on: February 20, 2024, 07:16:12 am »
Excited to see DQ6, appreciate all the effort!

Offline FlyingArmor

« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2024, 08:19:01 pm »
Excited to see DQ6, appreciate all the effort!

Thanks! I'm excited to share them. Just got something like 25 more areas left to map before I begin labelling them up.