Author Topic: Remember "Choose Your Own Adventure"? Now you don't have to read.  (Read 10474 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
User posted image

Choose Your Own Adventure.  But on DVD.  This just came out late last month.

I still want to see it, even though it'll probably not be that great.  And I bet the violent endings are toned down.

Offline Grizzly

What is meant with 11 possible stories? Does that mean that there are just 11 movies on one DVD? Or can you change the running story so that the ending will be newly written while watching (like you can choose if a snowboarder will be caught by an avalanche or not)?

Sorry, I don't know the book edition of this "Create Your Own Adventure"-thing. I just don't know how something like this would work.

Offline DarkWolf

"Blah blah blah man with knife.  If you choose to run away go to page 43, if you choose to wet your pants turn to page 67."

This is how the books worked.  I think the number of stories refers to the possible number of paths you can take.

Offline Revned

I Guess kids today are too lazy to read the real ones :(

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
I had a number of these books. Even a D&D one. I enjoyed them quite a bit.

---

Cool beans

Offline Grizzly

Oh then I know them, too. I didn't thought of these books because of that "Creation" word. I also worked myself through various Pen&Paper-style RPG books. And also an Asterix game book. They were fun and I could lend them all from the library free of charge.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Funny you should mention the Dungeons & Dragons ones, bustin98.  My brother cleaned out his room and just a couple days ago I was looking at the two AD&D books that a friend got me for one birthday that were kind of like Choose Your Own Adventure Books.  Looks like we lost the stats cards they came with, but you could play them with dice.

There were also Transformers and Super Mario and Zelda and Goosebumps books where you could choose the path of the story, but I don't think those were by "Choose Your Own Adventure".  There are some official "Choose Your Own Adventure" Star Wars books, though.

Offline Revned

The Goosebumps ones were called "Give Yourself Goosebumps" and the Nintendo ones, which I made a post about on the old forums, were called "Nintendo Adventure Books".