Author Topic: (Probably in the wrong place but):  (Read 10712 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

(Probably in the wrong place but):
« on: June 28, 2007, 04:09:11 pm »
I'm not sure if this is where I should put this but... you know on the GBA section? You have the game "Micro Machines" listed... but it links to the Master System. "Micro Machines" for the GBA is actually a totally different game, so there shouldn't be a link to a different game at all.... just thought I'd point it out... <_< I did mention this on another topic but I'm not sure if anyone noticed...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: (Probably in the wrong place but):
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:18:08 pm »
I'll have to change that on the next update.

It's kinda difficult to manage links with games that I'm not familiar with that are across multiple platforms but are actually different.  >_<

I'm unhappy with how the links for other platforms are managed, I'll have to change it one of these days...

Offline Raccoon Sam

RE: (Probably in the wrong place but):
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 11:18:30 pm »
True that. I remember back in my 56k days it took me forever to read one page, especially if I wanted Super Mario World maps, since S is at the very bottom of the list!

Each game needs its own individual page, a new site system would make sense;

-Main Idex would have a list of consoles, and the number of maps for the system at the moment.

-Once you select the system, you get a list of all the games that have maps available, also with a number next to them indicating how many maps they have (Maybe some kind of a script that shows a "New Maps!" Image, depending on the time you last checked the page and if the maps were already there)

-Once you select the game, you go to an individual page (for example, SMW would be "https://www.vgmaps.com/maps/snes/274/") with the title image displayed centered on the top of the page, and a seven-column table below it, showing Level name, Definite level explanation, Dimensions, Filesize, Format, Rip type and Author.

Sure this'd take a handful of work, but in my humble opinion, it would be definitely worth it.