Author Topic: Sega Genesis Mini 2 - full map set  (Read 1922 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 10:05:05 pm by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: Sega Genesis Mini 2 - full map set
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 09:37:09 am »
I whipped up that list quite quickly, so it's quite possible I made some errors and I didn't have time to look into some details.

-Like how/if the Genesis and Sega CD versions of the two Ecco The Dolphin games are different.
-Or how the bonus games are enhanced, and if the Space Harrier II maps we have count, or if the enhanced version needs its own maps.
-It looks like Rainbow Islands Extra is a Japanese Mega Drive game.  Haven't checked to see which other games, if any, are not originally North American releases.
-Not sure if the green "O"s (to mark completed map sets) are all correct.  Also have some blue "?"s for some that I am not sure if they are actually complete.

If any Genesis fans see any errors to be corrected or things to be tweaked in the listing, definitely feel free to let me know.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 12:48:12 pm »
I'm pretty sure both versions of the first Ecco the Dolphin game are a bit different, with the CD one featuring extra stages. However, I was never a big fan of them so I can't say if stages common to both are identical or sometimes a bit different.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline John Brain

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 09:54:35 pm »
Yeah, this will motivate me to do at least Vectorman 2, and maybe something else from the list.  :D

Desert Strike is complete, there's really only 4 levels, unlike its sequels.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 10:11:11 pm »
Thanks, John Brain!  Your submission of a map set for Vectorman 2 gets us moving!
We've started off on this trajectory for more Genesis maps!  (There's a geometry/physics reference in there somewhere, I'm sure.)

Is Vectorman one of those characters we haven't heard from in a long time?  Is the character just done?  No talks of any rerelease or reboot/remake/remaster/whatever?
Good to preserve what there is of his adventures, then.