Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 554883 times)

Offline marioman

Re: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #540 on: October 02, 2010, 08:08:12 am »
Awesome!  Glad that you got it working.  Here is an Action Replay DS walk through walls code:

Walk Through Walls (Hold A)
52063A88 02027198
12064A68 0000D103
D0000000 00000000
52063A88 02027198
94000130 FFFE0000
12064A68 000046C0
D2000000 00000000

Let me know if it works, and I'll add it to the list.  (Also, if anyone happens to find a walk through walls code for Star Force 3, it's the only WTW code that I do not have.)

As far as extra scenarios go, I believe that there is only one extra scenario in the entire game.  (The one with Clock Man.)  Note exactly sure how many areas that comes to though...

Good luck.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:20:42 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #541 on: October 02, 2010, 12:41:14 pm »
Fortunately the code does work. Sadly layer removal doesn't agree in this particular rom so expect a slower process for the maps to be completed. I'll keep you briefed.

EDIT: Blimey! The extras in Operate Shooting are shorter than I thought. That scenario with Clock Man I ran into is the one and only extra added in the game. There are only a total of four new maps in the game, which I have already mapped out and the only changed things are graphics, sprites, plus some flashing trails in the Power Plant Network System.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:12:08 am by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #542 on: October 10, 2010, 09:01:12 pm »
List updated.  Will's OSS maps are up so that game is now complete.  I knew that it had very few extras, but I thought that there would be more than just 4 areas.  Three of those areas are just generic item areas, so there is really just one area that has anything interesting in it.  What a letdown.

Congrats Will on completing yet another Mega Man game.  The 50-game mark has been broken now, and there are only 10 games left to map.  Sometime I should probably count the total number of Mega Man maps that there are on the site now...

Offline marioman

« Reply #543 on: November 03, 2010, 08:45:37 am »
List updated.  Revned has completed his Mega Man 10 Endless Attack map!  Something that I find very interesting is that a comparison of Mega Man 10 and Mega Man 9 Endless Attack maps reveals that the MM9EA rooms are exactly the same shape as MM10EA rooms.  So I guess Revned didn't have to flex his Tetris skills as much as he did for the Mega Man 9 Endless Attack map, but I guess there was still some arranging effort in figuring out that the room shapes were the same.

Anyways, congrats to Revned on completing the MM10 Endless Attack map.  (An nearly all of Mega Man 10.)  Now the only area left to map in Mega Man 10 is Challenge Mode.  As Revned said before, it is a little insignificant, but it is still a mappable area so I'll leave it on the list at least for now.

Offline Will

« Reply #544 on: January 18, 2011, 02:15:48 am »
I feel just like beginning on mapping the Star Force games after thinking about my experience with Operate Shooting Star. I have never played Star Force before, but just last week I've had practice with the first game. The walk-through wall code works fine. I don't know the differences between the Dragon, Leo and Pegasus versions but I've chosen to start with the Dragon version. When you use the special pair of glasses it reveals some energy wave platforms blending in the real world. Should I map the energy wave platforms together with the real world? Or shall I map those energy wave platforms seperately from the real world maps? There are bound to be some cyber world maps in addition. I shall give some feedback once I get used to the gameplay and explore some more. 

Offline marioman

« Reply #545 on: January 18, 2011, 08:28:33 pm »
Excellent.  If I remember correctly, the only difference between the versions is the battle cards and a single boss battle in which you fight the boss which corresponds to the version of your game.  Other than that, there may be minor graphical differences here and there, but I don't think that there are very many.  (I could be wrong though.)  I am also happy to hear that the walk through walls code works.

Anyways, good luck with the maps.  Can't wait to see how you handle mapping of the wave roads.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 08:29:52 pm by marioman »

Offline Will

« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2011, 06:15:47 am »
After some planning and exploring and thinking it out, I have decided to combine the wave roads and wave objects together with the real world. My style is basically the same as the Battle Network maps you're used to seeing with mystery chip data (in this case mystery wave data) labelled. What amazed me is that it takes a click of the mouse pointer to enter from one wave place to another. A few prototype maps should be coming within the week.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:48:52 am by Will »

Offline marioman

« Reply #547 on: February 07, 2011, 07:59:05 am »
List updated.  The Star Force maps are up and they look great.  Good luck mapping the rest.

Offline marioman

« Reply #548 on: February 14, 2011, 08:33:02 pm »
This weekend's update brought more Star Force maps from Will.  He has 13 maps up so far.  I'll begin to update the list as soon as I figure out approximately how many maps there are in the games.  Nice work.

Offline Will

« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2011, 02:53:02 pm »
Progress has been slow this week, but in the meantime I have started to compose a map list for Star Force. AMAKEN Labs should be finished soon enough.

Offline marioman

« Reply #550 on: February 21, 2011, 04:11:40 pm »
And it looks like the AMAKEN Labs maps are up along with some others bringing the total up to 21.

Offline Will

« Reply #551 on: February 25, 2011, 12:48:09 pm »
I am currently working on the SpaceSim Computer System. There are three sections. The primary problem is that the black background is the same as the black outlines, which taking time to sort out. When I reach the third section, I'll be meeting the second boss "Cygnus".

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #552 on: February 25, 2011, 05:14:18 pm »
Hmmm... I wonder if you can do the same kind of thing as GBA and hex-edit the background color to something else. I don't know if your emulator has that capability, but I hope it does.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline marioman

« Reply #553 on: February 28, 2011, 03:40:05 pm »
Another SF map was submitted this weekend, bringing the total up to 22.  (I'm thinking about adding the current map count to the list until we figure out how many maps are left...)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:22:06 pm by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #554 on: March 07, 2011, 07:56:25 pm »
List updated.  I guess Will got his SpaceSim Computer System issue worked out.  (Congrats.)  The maps were put up this weekend bringing the total up to 25.  Based on the average number of maps for the BN games and the number of bosses in SF1, I'm going to take a guess and say that he is 20% through the game.