Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Split Screen Maps (Genesis)  (Read 13190 times)

Offline DarkWolf

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Split Screen Maps (Genesis)
« on: December 07, 2006, 06:09:52 pm »
Sorry, I'm not mapping the entire game, at least not right now.  However, I do have this desire to map the split screen competition maps.

Azure Lake

Balloon Park

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Split Screen Maps (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 07:44:21 pm »
Really neat! It's always nice to get more Sonic maps!

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 11:35:31 am »
Nice maps.  I have seen some Sonic maps elsewhere on the Internet, but they weren't very high quality.  It is good to see some better ones surfacing.  Keep it up!

By the way, is this the type of game that you could rip using a script?  (Like you did with Kid Chameleon.)  It would be AWESOME if you could rip it using a simple method like that.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 07:59:47 pm »
The Sonic games are probably the most hacked and well documented of the Genesis games, however I didn't research the possibility since the split screen maps are small.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 09:38:22 pm »
Double update on the weekend.  Happy?  :)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 04:34:04 pm »
I'll be happy when I get enough Genesis maps to you to beat out the PC section. =P

Of course with RT 55J doing PC maps I'll have to keep at it.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:19 pm »
If computer gamers were more keen on this place, you'd think the PC section would be so big that it'd be hard to keep up with, especially since it's difficult to break it down into generations, even, that anything should add to its total.  Plus a lot of console games are also PC games.

And yet, computer gamers aren't.  So with consoles, you'd think someone would like the Genesis, given that it was the other half of the so-called "Golden Age Of Gaming".  I'm surprised you're the only one who focuses on Genesis games as much as you do.  (Not to discount Terra's, Grizzly's, and Geminiman's maps, though.  But DarkWolf clearly loves the Genesis more than anyone else here.)  Are we so pro-Nintendo here that we scare off all the Sega fans?