Author Topic: Contra IV: Hard Corps (Genesis)  (Read 36194 times)

Offline Romulus

Contra IV: Hard Corps (Genesis)
« on: December 21, 2006, 10:40:42 am »
I reckon there should be a contra hard corps maps on ere

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Contra IV: Hard Corps (Genesis)
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 10:52:11 am »
I think TerraEsperZ started some, but it's probably far on his queue of unfinished projects, assuming he plans on finishing them.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 11:43:30 pm »
Weird, what are the odds of someone asking for maps of such an obscure game? Anyway, yeah I'd love to map this game from start to finish but it just never was a priority and is only being continued a bit at a time.

But since you're asking and for *once* I can sorta deliver on a request, here's a practically finished map for Stage 1 and a work-in-progress map for stage 3:

Stage 1 - City Under Siege:

User posted image

Stage 3 - Junkyard Tussle:

User posted image

(The stage names were taken from a walkthrough and are most likely *not* official)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 10:24:10 am »
Did you want me to put up the stage 1 map, Terra?  It's not like you couldn't change it later if you had to.

That kind of goes for all your incomplete sets of maps, but where you have some presentable stages done.  I usually like to receive whole sets of game maps all at once, but you probably have a lot of WIP stuff that would still be appreciated if they were up, even if incomplete.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2006, 02:08:11 pm »
Sure, go ahead with the first one. I only withheld it because I wasn't entirely certain if the overall layout and dialogs would look good across all the maps but it definitely counts as being "final" in my book.

I'll most likely be away from home until at least January 3rd, but I think it would be a good idea for me to put all active projects on hold for a week or two and finish/submit all those almost-finished-but-not-quite maps. That means you'd finally get at least Treasure Master in addition to Out Of This World and its sequel, Heart Of The Alien.

You know what the funniest thing is? All this time, writing hints and tips stressed me out because I absolutely wanted to do it using the game's font which meant a lot of additional work. You know how obsessive I can be about perfection. Instead, I'll most likely use a standard Windows font set at the minimum readable size and be done with it. That should make the both of us happy :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 04:05:18 pm »
When you find the time, you could always go back to them and I wouldn't mind replacing the maps with ones with the proper fonts.  Up to you, of course.

Offline Romulus

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 01:47:51 pm »
When you get to do level 2, make sure you do the save the research centre level, and start it when the player lands

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 10:31:26 pm »
Don't worry, I intend to do every single stages completely, even though I have no idea how to present some parts. That means that I'll be mapping both 'second' stages, including the auto-scrolling parts.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007, 08:00:07 pm »
Is this really Contra IV, now that a Contra IV has been announced for the DS?

Offline marioman

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007, 08:03:07 pm »
No.  It was actually supposed to be a game called Arc Hound.  For some reason the JP release was scrapped and it was only released in NA under the name Contra Force.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2007, 08:17:49 pm »
Wait, what?  What does the Genesis's Hard Corps, the NES's Contra Force, and the DS's Contra IV have anything to do with each other?

Offline marioman

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2007, 08:40:23 pm »
Oh, sorry.  Wrong game.  Enjoy the free history lesson on Contra Force.  :)

As for Contra Hard Corps, as far as I can tell it was never officially called Contra IV.  It takes place after Contra III, but it is not Contra IV.  If that makes any sense.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2007, 10:36:26 pm »
According to Wikipedia (for whatever that's worth), here's how the Contra continuity works out:

Here is the list of the Contra games that are part of the official (original) Contra continuity, and the years the game is set in:

* Contra (2633)

* Super Contra / Super C (2634)

* Operation C (2635)

* Contra III: The Alien Wars (2636)

* Contra 4 (2638)[1]

* Contra: Hard Corps (2641)

* Contra: Shattered Soldier (2642, 2647)

* Neo Contra (4444)

Here is the list of the Contra games that are retconned from the official Contra continuity:

* Contra Force (1992)

* Contra: Legacy of War

* C: The Contra Adventure

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 06:03:44 am »
I thought all Japanese games took place in 19XX or 20XX? ;)

Offline darkmanx_429

Contra: Hard Corps - Genesis
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 10:10:12 pm »
Can someone rip the complete maps for this game? I can't find them anywhere!