Author Topic: The "screenshot map" Wikipedia entry  (Read 14906 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
The "screenshot map" Wikipedia entry
« on: February 23, 2007, 12:30:56 pm »
"Screenshot map" on Wikipedia

I added a couple paragraphs today.  I was thinking that it needed more detail.  It could still use some more, too.  Perhaps some screenshots of the process and greater detail.

I always wanted a tutorial section on here but it makes more sense for it to be on Wikipedia.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: The "screenshot map" Wikipedia entry
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 02:06:20 pm »
WTF, someone undid my changes.  o_0

How come pretty often lately (but not always) when I add to Wikipedia entries my changes get undone?  >_<

EDIT: Okay, I put them back...sheesh.

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: The &quot;screenshot map&quot; Wikipedia entry
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 02:55:23 pm »
I remember it showing in detail how a typical map with a parallax background was put together a few years back. When I looked at it last year however, it barely said anything revelant. I suspect that some people have nothing better to do it life than to mess up Wikipedia entries for fun.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 03:14:54 pm »
Nobody did anything to your edits, Jon. You must have accidentally deleted them. As for the images that used to be on there, they were deleted because they were deemed unnecessary. While they were nice, I don't think they were essential.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 03:56:27 pm »
No, I didn't deleted them, they definitely saved, which is why I was able to retrieve the edits from the history.  I'm more curious why someone thought my edits were worth removing in the first place, as this has happened more than once.

Maybe some snobbish registered Wikipedia users think that edits from unregistered people (like myself) aren't worth keeping.  Or something.  EDIT: WTF, the "Creation" section shrank from my five paragraphs to the original two again.  I restored it...AGAIN.  I think they didn't like that VGMaps.com was mentioned again in the middle, so I edited it while retaining the point about PNGs over JPEGs.

The images were nice, and I agree with Revned that they weren't super-essential.  If this was fleshed out into more of a mapmaking tutorial, some images should be there at least, though.  I'm sure there are concerns other than parallax.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 06:10:45 pm »
JonLeung, but your creation section is quite unorganized tbh. I'm going to edit it.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline Revned

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 06:56:28 pm »
Jon, look at the history. No one else did anything today.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 07:20:42 pm »
Hey, that's interesting.  Someone at work must love S Club 7.

No, seriously, I didn't edit the Rachel Stevens page.  You know how IP addresses are.  Who's that one chick that I thought was hot from S Club 7?  Maybe it was her, hold on, let me check...

EDIT: Hey, you're right.  She looks a bit different than when she was on that S Club 7 TV show...

Wow, we're off topic.  Thanks a lot, Revned!

Offline Revned

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 08:54:26 pm »
Hmm, all the other edits seemed like they might be you. My IP hasn't changed in years.

Sorry :P

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 09:02:53 pm »
Some of those might be mine, actually.   But I lounge around on Wikipedia at work, it's a nice way to waste time.  :P

Anyway, tutorials would be good.  If they were on a Wiki then I wouldn't have to maintain it.  :P

Say, whatever happened to mephea's Wiki?  Or mephea herself for that matter?