Author Topic: RE: Sonic CD (Sega CD)  (Read 93807 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Sonic CD (Sega CD)
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2007, 04:06:52 pm »
Mind you, if someone else finished before me, I'd let them post their maps. I've started (and left unfinished) enough projects that I don't have any right to state a claim on a game's maps. I'd love to concentrate on Sonic CD though since it remains one of the more obscure mainstream Sonic game. Not a great game mind you, but one which obviously had a lot of ideas to show.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2007, 08:14:35 pm »
Actually, I really like Sonic CD.  The concept of finding the Mecha Sonic projector and the enemy generator in every level made it very interesting.  The time travel thing was neat too.  (Although it was kind of useless.)  Also, the music perfectly matches the graphical ambiance of the levels.

By the way, will you be able to rip the Mode 7 maps from the bonus levels?  Those levels are my favorite bonus levels from any Sonic game!  I do not know if there would be a way to incorporate the absolutely stunning backgrounds in the bonus level maps, but it would be great if you could.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2007, 10:52:39 pm »
I really doubt it. Those maps use functionalities of the Sega CD and I don't think there are many tools dedicated to retrieving that kind of data, if any even exist.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2007, 07:51:32 pm »
*First post updated with Sonic CD - Palmtree Panic Zone, Act 1 (Bad Future)*

This one took much longer than expected because there are two distinct color cycling throughout the stage so I had to go back and adjust those colors in every screen capture I took. Also, because the background is a bit messy, it makes the main map harder to look at.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2007, 10:02:42 pm »
Is the background in the present supposed to look like that, or is that your "fix"?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2007, 11:15:57 pm »
See Post #23

Also, I wanted to establish visual continuity across all the maps by placing the horizon at the same level, and doing that with the Present maps meant I'd have to fill that huge area where you start. So I basically put the background "as is", loop and all.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2007, 07:31:42 pm »
Seeing the bad future maps will be interesting since I always played in the past/present levels.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2007, 10:48:57 pm »
*First post updated with Sonic CD - Palmtree Panic Zone, Act 1 (Bad Future)*

So JonLeung, how about renaming this thread as "Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2 and CD" like I mentionned earlier?

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2007, 06:22:07 am »
Very good.  I am usually in the same situation as DarkWolf - I very rarely go to the future sections.  (There is really no reason to unless you are playing Act 3.)  One of these days I am going to go through and play every mode of every level in its entirety.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2007, 10:23:55 pm »
*First post updated with Sonic CD - Palmtree Panic Zone, Act 2 (Present)*

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2007, 11:26:50 pm »
*First post updated with Sonic CD - Palmtree Panic Zone, Act 2 (Past)*

I don't like the water color on this map; it makes the waterfalls almost impossible to see because they blend with the colors of the background water >:(

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 02:20:45 pm »
that's true, it is a bit difficult to see the waterfalls. But there aren't many other possibilities except maybe for changing the brightness of the background. But I don't know if it would look good.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2007, 11:03:13 pm »
*First post updated with Sonic CD - Palmtree Panic Zone, Act 2 (Bad Future)*

By now, I've realized that by essentially mapping every stage 4 times each, I'm getting to the point where I get to know them by heart... I can't wait to move on to Collision Chaos for some diversity.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2007, 10:45:40 pm »
*First post updated with Sonic CD - Palmtree Panic Zone, Act 2 (Good Future)*

Two more maps to go until Palmtree Panic is finished and I'll be sending them to the site.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2007, 08:01:54 pm »
I've got the tile set for the first Sonic CD Special Stage.  I haven't had time to try and piece it together, but you can be sure I'll post the results when it happens.