Poll

Nintendo's handheld line is named:

"Game Boy"
6 (50%)
"GameBoy" because I am dumb AND stupid.
6 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: If you forget the space in "Game Boy" again I'm going to kick you.  (Read 17022 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
You know who you are.

Offline Inty

I know it's Game Boy, but most just say Gameboy, because the space and the extra capital isn't worth the effort.

---

Your browser doesn't support object.
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
That extreme laziness wouldn't explain splitting up "GameCube" to "Game Cube", "PlayStation" to "Play Station" (even if the original proposed Super NES CD-ROM upgrade WAS two words) or adding a hyphen to screw up "Xbox" into "X-box".

Offline Grizzly

I always thought it would have been one word, Gameboy, until you told me that it's different. Since then I always try to write Game Boy instead. But it's written wrong in all of my past texts that contained the name of the Dot Matrix Game in any context.

Offline TerraEsperZ

Sooo... murderous rampage intent with foaming mouth aside, how are you this fine day?

But seriously, does anyone feel like listing all the system names as they should be written, including the spaces, capital letters and hyphens? Because despite the inaccuracy of the spelling, Gameboy looks better than Game Boy, which is the only reason why I've always written it like that.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Inty

GAMEboy?

Moer liek GAYboy lolmirite?

*runs away like a little kid*

---

Your browser doesn't support object.
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline Revned

I see Jon and I have a common pet peeve. Inty, yeah....

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
It doesn't seem like a compound word to me, so if it actually was one word, I word prefer it to have "Boy" capitalized.  Like how the second half of GameCube and PlayStation are.  It should be XBox, but then I guess that de-emphasizes the UBER-EXTREME-TO-THE-MAX-AND-SO-NOT-OVERUSED "X".

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
I have nothing insightful to add to this topic.

From now on, I will be bustin 98 (that 9 is capitalized. . .).

Just kidding around. I don't mean to belittle anyone's peeves.

---

Cool beans

Offline Eggz

Ah, but then comes to topic of acronyms. GC, XB, PS2, GBA. Some people just use those out of habit.

... And now I prepare for the barrage.

---

Q: What weighs six ounces, sits in a tree, and is dangerous?

A: A sparrow with a machine gun.

- The Riddler; Batman the Movie
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Those aren't acronyms.  Acronyms are when they actually spell a word.

Though I do have a stupid habit of referring to the GBA SP as a "Guh-basp", ie. pronouncing it as if "GBASP" were a word.