Author Topic: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull  (Read 14581 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator

Offline Grizzly

RE: Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 11:19:38 am »
This is one of the few movies I am awaiting eagerly. I just hope it will be as good as Indy's old movies. But some scenes already looked very great :)

Offline marioman

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:14:36 pm »
Well, you have George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford working on it, so I would think that it would be fairly close to the originals.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:02:22 am »
I really hope they don't mess it up. The trilogy is one of my favourite, but even by The Last Crusade it felt to me that they had 'sanitized' it to make it more of a family movie. Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Temple Of Doom were both more hardcore to me.

But I'm keeping the faith; the simple fact that they're acknowledging that Indy's getting way too old for this is nice, though I'm a bit worried from the warehouse chase that it might rely a bit too much on relating it to the previous movies.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 02:12:50 pm »
Marion Ravenwood (I think that's her name), his love interest in Raiders Of The Lost Ark, returns.  Same actress too, I believe.

Why would they bring her back?  Well, chances are, we'll find out at some point in the film that Shia Laboeuf's character is their son.  It seems likely, as he's about the right age for that to be a possibility.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 09:33:10 pm »
Has anybody else seen it yet?

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Will

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2008, 01:56:13 am »
It has just been released in Malta on the 22nd of May, which was two days ago. I'll see when I get the chance. Then I will give you my rating.

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 03:21:04 pm »
I just got back from it, and I thought it was pretty good. Better than Temple of Doom, in my opinion, and a worthy addition to the series.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 05:28:58 pm »
Revned, that doesn't mean much seeing as I find Temple to be the most enjoyable (but not necessarily best) of the original trilogy, but most people don't. Why not tell us your opinion of the first three so we can compare?

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: ?????? (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), etc
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 06:04:25 pm »
The main problem I have with Temple of Doom is the whiny main actress and the annoying kid. I think those two parts were poorly acted and scripted. Also, the Nazis made better villains in my opinion, though it's probably for the best that one of the three had different antagonists.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 04:10:28 am »
I just had an Indiana Jones weekend (all four films) and I have to say, the newest one was a disappointment. The MacGuffin is seriously weak, although at least we're spared religious overtones this time, the action set-pieces are very obviously set up, there's a bunch of "that makes no sense" moments (eg. the lead-lined fridge), and the laboured setting up of Shia LeWhatsit for a possible Indy 5 is nauseating.

I'd say:

3 > 2 > 1 > 4

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 07:08:20 am »
Maxim Said:
I'd say:

3 > 2 > 1 > 4

Technically, I think you mean:

25 > 23 > 24 > 26

The official Indiana Jones timeline is made up of chapters, the first 22 being that of the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles home video re-edits, and Temple Of Doom (Chapter 23) is chronologically before Raiders Of The Lost Ark (Chapter 24).  :P

Offline Maxim

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 07:59:51 am »
Hmm, out-geeked again :)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 09:50:49 am »
Having never played "Indiana Jones And the Fate Of Atlantis", I wonder where people would place it in terms of appreciation among the films?

---

Current projects: ?????? (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man V (GB), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), etc
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 11:20:34 am »
I liked that game.  (The PC point-and-click one, anyway.  I think there are other versions.)  Don't remember how it compares to the films, though.  Wasn't someone trying to map that a while ago?

Never did play Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine.  Is that one any good?

I played the LEGO Indiana Jones demo that just recently came out.  Looking forward to that.