Author Topic: Transformers Movie discussion  (Read 177423 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Transformers Movie discussion
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2007, 10:28:29 pm »
Well, as far as this goes, that is kind of a neat pic.  The Decepticons seem kinda small now, actually.  Starscream, even.

Then again I rarely see comparison pictures between cars and jets anyway.  And I guess jets aren't any bigger than they have to be...okay, I'm rambling.

Great pic!  Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Hmmm, Jazz is smaller than Bumblebee.  Didn't see that coming.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2007, 10:57:06 pm »
I too was surprised to see how small the F-22 really is. As for Jazz, I should try to find that picture of him with his face and eyes. As far as the movie designs go, it's great but his eyes are still creepy.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2007, 10:05:38 pm »
User posted image

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2007, 06:06:25 pm »
According to this message found on the secret Sector 7 website...

Operation Hungry Dragon 2 continues. As of today agent H. Weaving has officially convinced S.S., M.B., R.D and A.K. to oversee the Megaman issue. The recording will commence immediately.

All the years of investment into Agent Weavings public persona have finally paid off. We will monitor the campaign from the inside and report on its progress free from suspicion.

By this summer, the population will think N.B.E.'s are nothing more then figments of an overactive imagination.

Our power lies in our secrecy.

...Megatron's voice actor is going to be Hugo freaking Weaving!!! I was so hoping they wouldn't go with Frank Welker's raspy voice which might have worked for G1 Megatron (though I would have prefered Leonard Nimoy's Galvatron voice instead) but wouldn't have worked at all for this new, nightmarish Megatron :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2007, 12:17:25 pm »
I noticed some age in Cullen's voice as well.

I would've liked Welker doing Megatron's voice again, but I'm not so much of a fanboy that this choice upsets me that much.  I already have enough other issues if I want to go all fanboy-freaky.  And this isn't G1 Megatron anyway.  And though the various Megatrons have all sounded similar, I think Hugo Weaving can pull off a close enough voice, or some voice that will fit this radically different Megatron.  I'd probably be more interested in what he says (like his lines towards Optimus, Starscream, etc. and personality) that how he says it.

Despite Hugo Weaving's presence in two major film trilogies recently (The Matrix, The Lord Of The Rings) as well as V for Vendetta (okay, we never see his face, but still), I'm not sure if he's an A-list star.  I wonder if his name, or any name (other than Spielberg and Bay), will be used to sell the film.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2007, 10:23:33 pm »
For comparison, you can hear a new (well, a few months old) clip of Welker's G1 Megatron voice and it too shows some age. The clip is right at the beginning of the following page

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2007, 06:04:50 pm »
There's a new TV spot that shows Bumblebee's and Starscream's transformations.

Just go to Sector Seven, enter "FWIFFO", and double-click on the icon in the upper-left corner.

Notice the yellow VW bug in the car lot?

Or you can see the TV spot called "Hidden" here.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2007, 07:11:38 pm »

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2007, 07:37:17 pm »
Ah, screw you! You only post once in a week and it's to post scoops about the Transformers movie less than an hour before *I* can do it ;)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2007, 09:13:55 pm »
(I would post more than once a week if things weren't so hectic.  This week has been especially bad.  I've almost never done overtime, ever, and every day this week I have AND I'm coming in tomorrow, Saturday.  >_<  And just after my raise, I'm afraid they think I'm milking the clock...

Anyways, bleah, I'm not going to go off topic now (there's more to say about my busyness that ought to be said, but not in this topic).)

What do you think of Optimus?  His voice IS different.  The fish-lips don't help.  He better keep his faceplate on!  As he very well should anyway.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2007, 10:06:00 pm »
My opinion on the movie is this: it's not G1, and as such I want it to surprise me, to be *new*. I prefer this new voice as it makes Prime sound older, wiser and more battle-weary. As for the lips, they're not too bad; they certainly look better now than they did on this concept sketch:

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2007, 01:24:24 pm »
Finally, I've got a scoop (i.e. I post something exclusive before JonLeung!), namely this final render of Optimus Prime's robot mode:

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2007, 06:18:28 pm »
You bum!  I was going to post that!  >:(

Fine,  I'll post a higher-res version, then!  >:)

User posted image

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2007, 10:57:19 am »
You've been slacking off JonLeung! I have another exclusive...

Optimus Prime's face with the faceplate removed, to the horrors of geewuners everywhere >:)

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2007, 05:43:24 pm »
I saw that yesterday, didn't think it was worth a post, though.  :P

At the time, no one in the TFW2005 topic mentioned that Optimus looks like a Sentinel from X-Men.  Blegh.

By the way, I finished reading "Ghosts of Yesterday", the prequel novel.  It wasn't that great.  I may have a review later.  Hopefully it's not too indicative of what the movie will be like.  What is it now, 61 days left?