Author Topic: Bionic Commando Rearmed Xbox 360, PS3, PC  (Read 17711 times)

Offline BTHR Zero X

• This is a Matter of Life and Death! My Life and Your Death!
Bionic Commando Rearmed Xbox 360, PS3, PC
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:52:39 am »
is it at all possible to get the Maps for the new Bionic Commando Rearmed on the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC?
BounTy HunteR Zero X

Offline vorpal86

RE: Bionic Commando Rearmed Xbox 360, PS3, PC
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 03:27:48 pm »
Well I would think after it's released, unless it has been already. You'd prolly have to use the PC version to get the maps. I'm enrolled with the BC newsletter so I should get an update when it's ready, unless I missed it. I found out about this remix several months ago. I'm very glad they decided to enhance it retro like!

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:19:21 pm »
It's 3D, meaning it doesn't map well (if at all). Don't hold your breath.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 08:31:32 pm »
Actually it's not completely 3D. Well it is but.. The "Chain of Command" sequel will be full 3d environments. Rearmed is side-view 3D so it could map well. I think you can set the zoom in/out view of the screen cause that's the only 3D part about it. Although I'm not completely sure if it will have a lot of full 360 environments. I mean it's fully rendered in 3D, but it's more like Ultimate Ghouls n' Ghosts for PSP so it's will still be flat mostly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqECtTE4Opk

As you can tell it's front-view 3D so that will make it good. Not sure about the overhead views though. I'm mostly impressed about the price tag! -D

I'm just noticing.. It's already out. I need to get to Direct2Drive.com for my copy! whoo whoo!

Offline BTHR Zero X

• This is a Matter of Life and Death! My Life and Your Death!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 01:55:12 pm »
Yeah the Game its self is a 2.5D so it shouldnt (Hopefully) be to hard to get some maps if you could get the maps it would be fantastic if you need any help with secret areas and such i have a list of where they all are

---

BounTy HunteR Zero X
BounTy HunteR Zero X

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 02:01:45 pm »
I'll will play Rearmed through mostly at first since I never played it before. Don't want to ruin it. When I actually play play it some I'll know how and what I could map. I need to wait till tomorrow, Friday to get it though. I hope it is as fun as the original, and better. I know it will LOOK and SOUND much better. I'll let you, BTHR know if and when I start mapping.

I'm near Area 5 in the NES version at the monent. Heh. I like swangin'.

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 02:36:32 pm »
I don't think the POV would allow for screenshot stitching.  It looks like when you move vertically the platforms get deeper/narrower.

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 06:25:20 pm »
The problem is with perspective. As you shift the screen, the angles change, so you can't just paste new screenshots over old ones.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 06:34:10 pm »
The best (and hardest) way would be to somehow extract all the data of the stages and create a custom rendering program that would display the levels straight on, with no perspective at all. A pipe dream really; coders capable of such feats are very rare and such work takes time even for them.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 09:47:18 pm »
@Darkworlf

Yes the point of view will change with the angle of perspective. As long as the depth of field doesn't have an angle that's too steep,it wouldn't be hard to tapper screens together. It might look weird but it would serve it's purpose as a guide (Map) to let you know where you are.

@Terra

Actually I thought about that. Perhaps diving into the filetypes included with the game to see if there are any to work with.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 01:38:31 pm »
I got it.  It's pretty neat.  I like some of the new bosses.

I also like that if you (accidentally) shoot while in a "neutral" area you won't be swarmed upon.  :P