Author Topic: RE: I didn't even realize the forums' shops were operational.  (Read 26451 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Last I checked (which was pretty much when the forums were being set up), they weren't.  Now if the items are fully operational as well then I will find time this weekend to check over the prices, edit them overall if I can, etc.

I want people to earn these items, so they'll be visiting every day to get enough Gold for the useful items.

I will probably give the regulars (i.e. just about everyone stil here) the Images and Hyperlink items (or enough Gold to buy them).

If referral bonuses work that might be another way to encourage getting more people on here.

To not have time to look over one's own forums' features...that's pretty bad...  >_>

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
RE: I didn't even realize the forums' shops were operational.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 02:53:32 pm »
So, we can get our own VGMaps t-shirt? I'll wear it on the days I don't wear my Planetgamecube shirt :D

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 03:01:29 pm »
I was referring to the forums' virtual "items" for use within the forums...

But thanks for reminding me of that OTHER store...I'm going to design some new things.  No one wants a VGMaps.com compass that doesn't even say "The Video Game Atlas".  I was thinking I'd make less advertising-ish designs and have something people might wear, like a shirt saying "I obsess over pixels" or something.

Offline Revned

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:02:24 pm »
Fancy, but I don't think we can even access the store at this level. Or the bank.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 10:12:08 pm »
You have 29 EXP. One more day. Wow, good timing, I didn't even plan that.

Okay, everyone (especially the regulars), click on your own name and see if you got any items.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 11:19:58 pm »
User posted image

---

Cool beans

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 11:20:15 pm »
Yay!

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:27:10 pm »
Fan concept for a Transformers movie Starscream, based on the producer's comment about a gorilla with wings:

[img=http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/436/transformersmoviestarscreamcon.th.jpg]

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 11:27:41 pm »
Second try:

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2006, 11:29:43 pm »
The way it works is < pic > *url* < / pic >

No spaces

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 11:35:39 pm »
Okay, it's because it doesn't use the same tags so you can't use the links ImageShack gives you as such, you have to modify them a bit. I was trying to do the thumbnail with link thing but I can't get it working (and without being able to edit, I don't feel like making 20 posts or so just to figure it out).

Fan concept for a Transformers movie Starscream, based on the producer's comment about a gorilla with wings:

User posted image

It's not official but it did piss off many fans before it was revealed as a fake ;)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 08:23:11 am »
You can use the ImageShack URLs, I always do, but you have to be sure it's the "direct link" one.  The way this particular forum is set up I don't think you can directly use the "message board" ones or whatever.

I believe you can also use the typical HTML code for images...I often did.

Offline Revned

I didn't even realize the forums' shops were operational.
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 05:33:52 pm »
:above::banana::bang::domo::eye::heart::meh::ninja::pirate::rofl::scratch::scold::shrug::smile::toast::toast::wink:

Why aren't the regular smilies usable on these forums? I honestly don't think I'll ever use many of those.

:(

:)

;)

:P

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 05:35:39 pm »
I didn't design the smiley selection.  I'll ask Inty if there's an easy way to modify them.

Offline Inty

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2006, 05:57:39 am »
I'll post the answer here rather than in the private message. Umm...you guys would like to replace...

:)

XD

:P

etc.

...with different smilies when you post them right? Well all i need is for you to post the pictures of the smilies you want and the piece of text you want it to replace then i can hardcode them in to show up.

---

I wonder if a girl will come over and play with my Wii.
&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;