Author Topic: RE: Super Castlevania IV  (Read 64839 times)

Offline alucard

RE: Super Castlevania IV
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2009, 11:10:54 pm »
Awesome once again. I always liked the forest parts of this game, Stage 5 looks good. I forget what Stage 6 looks like, but I know there are some large stages up ahead.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 03:50:43 pm »
6 is nothing but horizontals, just like stage 1.  Easy! That's 2 in a row.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 07:07:59 pm »
So easy in fact that I finished it in a day, Stage 6 is up.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2009, 10:24:45 pm »
You missed the secret room in Stage 6. IIRC, you find it by whipping the floor in the room after the chandeliers. (Also, keep in mind that there's a bonus room in Stage 9 too (the treasure level)).

Also, I found it practically impossible to make sense of the arrangement of screens in your Stage 7 map.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2009, 10:11:38 am »
8 is up.  Damn, Ok I'll go back for that.  Sorry about stage 7 but a level that likes to go up and down doesn't realistically fit on a map that also has vertical rooms.  It would've have more white space then stage 3.

Offline alucard

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 11:40:11 pm »
yeah he is right, there is a secret room at the bottom of Stage 6, I totally forgot about that one.  It has a bunch of power-up stuff in it. Wow, stage 8 already, only a few more to go.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 10:07:52 am »
Stage 9 is done.  Both secret rooms added.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2009, 10:42:50 am »
Thanks for officially submitting everything to VGMaps.com that you've mentioned in these forums so far, Tropicon.  I'm behind on all these maps since I returned to work after the holidays and I'll be at PLAY! A Video Game Symphony tonight but I'll do my best to have them up this weekend.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2009, 03:26:16 pm »
A is done.  Speaking of which did you miss one?  I got an automated email saying that one of them didn't go through.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2009, 04:20:36 pm »
Well, let's see...I've received 4-8 and A.  I must've missed 9, and if any were resent due to corrections, then I didn't receive those either.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2009, 05:00:11 pm »
Looks great so far, even though it unfortunately reveals how *unimpressive* the graphics really are when not in motion. Even though it was really impressive when it first came out, I find that the various tiles look a bit messy, almost like Dracula's Curse on the NES.

As for the maps, my only criticism is that the stage sections are not assembled to give an idea of the general layout. It would probably make the file size a bit bigger but the maps would gain a lot in readability. I agree with RT 55J in that regard.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2009, 08:45:18 pm »
Bingo.  I'l resend 9.  And the changed 6.

Heh heh heh, "you're doin' it wrong".  I get this a lot.  You can never please people.  I don't copyright my raw maps for a good reason.  Anyone who wants to fiddle with them can, in any way they want.  That and if the image is more or less how it appeared in the game it's not really my creation to copyright.  So if you want to change it be my guest, may map is your canvas.  Lastly these maps were made for alucard, his request his call.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2009, 10:21:41 pm »
Please don't take my comment as me saying you're "doing it wrong!". I guess I simply missed your main goal which is different from what we usually see around the site, and that is to provide requested map from people.

(You've no doubt noticed that despite there being a request forum here, most regulars will keep mapping their own thing and ignore them completely).

You're right that your maps are "raw" and that people are free to do with them as they please. But personally I wouldn't feel right touching someone else's maps, even with their approval. I'm just so used to doing it by myself and I guess I'd feel like a fraud coming up and showing off the result of hours of work on your part and minutes of mine.

My suggestion was merely me expressing my preference for assembled and organized maps that make the stages look like they were real places and all. That, and assembled Castlevania maps are among my favourites :).

So no hard feelings I hope, and I hope you stay for a while. You're providing an essential service!

(And you work fast damn it! I avoid SNES mapping mostly because the tools slow down the work too much for me)

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2009, 10:42:20 am »
B's up and that's that.  Jon, I got another error message from my email.  Appearently it just wont let me send stage 9, can you get it off my site instead?

Terra don't feel bad about messing with my stuff, go right ahead.  And it's funny you should say that, for me it takes more time to do non SNES maps.

Offline alucard

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 01:01:12 pm »
Tropicon, you are finished with CV4 now correct?  This is all of them right? Thanks you for making these so fast, you did a great job on them. Castlevania fans are going to love these maps for years to come.