Author Topic: 2006-04-24: Site updates will resume! :)  (Read 31256 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
2006-04-24: Site updates will resume! :)
« on: April 24, 2006, 06:17:47 pm »
Finally!  I know some of you were waiting for this.  Myrmid.net has given me a great deal and I now have multiple times the space for not much more than what I was paying.  This means I can update again!  I'll be putting up the maps in the order that I received them, but as I did next to no offline updates in the downtime, it could still be a while before the latest maps go up.

As for the forums, the cPanel is up and running again, so hopefully Inty can fix and tweak whatever still needs to be, i.e. those things that were dependent on it.  Hopefully EXP and Gold and daily polls (I still haven't made a poll yet, they're all Inty's so far if you're wondering) will automatically update.  And Inty will soon be showing me how to properly back the forums up periodically myself (he says it has to do with the cPanel, which is why I wasn't shown yet).

If you don't see me much on the boards in the next while, I'm probably prepping an update.  Boy I have a lot to go through...  :/

Offline Inty

RE: 2006-04-24: Site updates will resume! :)
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 02:41:40 am »
Good news. ^_^

Crons are setup and are set to run every day at midnight. The output from the cron is sent to my email address and not yours because i can make more sense out of it than you. New polls are activated at this time as well as the ordinary EXP & Gold updates. We need to build an array of polls in the poll_queue Leung. So we can get to that whenever.

And i need to teach you to backup, because the damn backup page in the admin cpanel still isn't working. Might be the hosts SQL or PHP version. So i'm not sure. I'll go make a backup now in phpMyAdmin.

---

Your browser doesn't support object.
<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline Inty

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:00:31 am »
Okay, now i'm manually changing the board_id of around 50 messages to get the social boards message count right. You won't be changing the already made board ids again will you Jon?

---

<b>I need £5 paypal to pay subs ._.</b>

Offline Inty

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:18:50 am »
Okay, did that. The message count jumped from 120 to over 150 <_<

See how much more active these boards are being Leung? They love it :P

---

&lt;b&gt;I need &pound;5 paypal to pay subs ._.&lt;/b&gt;

JonLeung

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 10:13:42 am »
lol, im not an admin and can post in MBA.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 09:23:39 pm »
I'm caught up!  It only took me all weekend...after E3 is over, hopefully I'll be able to stay back on top of things, both on the site and its forums...

Offline Revned

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 09:26:33 pm »
My Link's Awakening overworld map was intended to be posted, as it's the only map I'm making for that game. Hate to make you do more work. No big hurry, though. Well done on the updates. Lots of quality stuff this time.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 09:34:17 pm »
I still ought to put up those old forum topics you sent me and other things like that.  For the moment, though, short as that moment may be, the maps at least are caught up.

It wasn't that long ago that we got our 3000th map (I'm guessing the old forum topics will tell us when).  And we are extremely close to the 4000th.  We're talking low double-digits until the 4k mark.

Offline Revned

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 09:36:03 pm »
Wow, that was quick. I remember that stats page, but I don't think it was salvaged. Anyway, check your GMail

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 01:05:11 pm »
It surprised me too.  But when you consider that Dan_ sent in over 130 maps from Secret Of The Stars and Zeric sent in over 120 maps from SMAS:SMB3, you can see how in Saturday alone I already put up over a quarter of a thousand.  That said, you'd almost think we'd have more...except that we have a lot of incomplete games...