Author Topic: Talk about timing! (Super Smash Bros.)  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
Talk about timing! (Super Smash Bros.)
« on: December 31, 2008, 03:55:22 pm »
A few days ago, (the 28th) I got a hold of the N64 Super Smash Bros. and started ripping various things, mostly the stages, just for kicks. After ripping half the stages, I remembered that this site doesn't have maps of all of them and that I could maybe make some maps and submit them. Yesterday, I checked the site only to find that the very next day, someone had submitted three excellent maps of the three 1-Player-exclusive maps. Though lacking backgrounds, his maps are more accurate since the 3D program I use doesn't seem to support the kind of shaders that the N64 uses (for things like the rainbow gradient on the center of Final Destination). However, I still might make maps of all the Break the Targets/Board the Platforms stages and the Race to the Finish stage. Unless someone beats me to those too. :P

Of course, this sorta thing happens to me all the time, so I'm used to it. :P Once again, good job to Perfect for making those maps.

---

YTT (34%) - WL4 (60%) - PM (34%)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Raccoon Sam

RE: Talk about timing! (Super Smash Bros.)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 03:35:28 pm »
My best guess is he used an emulator and took screenshots of the levels and then erased the backgrounds, as the shoddy edges show.

Your rips are cool too though.