Author Topic: Whoa! Scary vision thing after blowing my nose...  (Read 30377 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

Whoa! Scary vision thing after blowing my nose...
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:00:44 pm »
The last fifteen minutes have been really strange and scary, for the reason mentioned in the thread title. I'm somewhat allergic to dust, pollen and cat hair, and sometimes I'll start sneezing or having a stuffy nose even though I was perfectly fine minutes before.

Anyway. I had to blow my nose several times with some force to clear things up and stop sneezing, but it was followed with an episode of weird vision troubles.

At first, I noticed a few vague blurry spots in the center of my vision, which didn't seem anymore serious than when you look at a bright light which leaves you seeing a sort of echo of it for a little while. But then I started seeing more spots, which then grew until I could determine that it was actually a ring-shaped region expanding outward which was squiggly/blinking. The weirdest thing is that the center where the first spots were became clear, which is why I stopped panicking and just waited for the circular "wave" to dissipate.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I've seen stars plenty of time after intensive sneezing due to allergies, but never something like that. Hopefully it wasn't something like my retina(s) detaching, but who knows? I have a co-worker who suffered that after a head impact, and he saw blinking filaments on his peripheral vision for a very long time.

---

Current project: Not sure yet

Upcoming project: Not sure yet either
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Whoa! Scary vision thing after blowing my nose...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 09:07:36 pm »
Sometimes I get black/white dots after a hard sneeze or while taking a really big dump.  The dots alternate between black and white, are more on the periphery, and float around for a minute as my vision gradually returns to normal.  Well, other than the interference of these dots, my vision seems as sharp as usual during these instances.

On a related note, I sneeze when I think certain bad thoughts...yeah, those thoughts.  Maybe it was a coincidence or something the first few times, but after some Pavlovian connection, it's seriously related now.  Maybe I should take it as a hint to get my mind out of the gutter.

Offline magicbay

• this isn't me.. just a celeb i like..
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 01:00:44 am »
too much info in the first sentence, Jon..

no offence..  

am just being weird at the moment of posted message..

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 07:53:41 am »
I've never had any eyesight problems from hay fever, colds or allergies, only stings in the nostrils. I find the best cure for symptoms like these is a dish called "Chille con carne" which is in a nutshell, rice with mince meat, tomato sauce and a spoonful of chilly powder.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 11:14:27 am »
magicbay Said:
too much info in the first sentence, Jon..

I would've thought the second part was more inappropriate...  :P

Will Said:
I find the best cure for symptoms like these is a dish called "Chille con carne" which is in a nutshell, rice with mince meat, tomato sauce and a spoonful of chilly powder.

I think you mean "chili powder" which is hot, not "chilly powder", which sounds like it would be cold.  :P  I shouldn't pick on spelling errors but I thought this one was amusing.

EDIT: How freaky - as I went back to reread this post, I got an email that moment about how our company sold its operations in the country of Chile...what are the chances?  o_0

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 11:07:37 pm »
Thankfully, nothing else weird has happened yet, so maybe it was nothing serious. Let's hope so at least, since my vision is bad enough at it is already (about -6 on each eye).

---

Current project: Little Samson (NES)

Upcoming project: Not sure yet either
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)